Fiamma A20 expansion tank fitting with pictures (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
This is my vehicle a rapido 7090F
Having decided to fit this device and having established where it would fit for ease of pipework and servicing I first have to dismantle the under sink cabinet after removing the drawer.
Dont't be confused by the hinged door! This was an earlier modification I made, your drawer front will be full length to the floor
Having removed the drawer the shelf can be removed by four screws along the right hand edge behind the ply that carries the drawer runner (no need to remove the runner as I had here) it will then lift up and pull to the right out of the goove that supports the left edge
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Now the cupboard back and shelf, first remove the four corner screws under the plastic covers
Then you will need a short driver bit as shown to remove the three screws that attach the shelf to the upright.This also locates in a groove on its left end

Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Now we have full access
Broken Link Removed

Having traced the pipework it was evident that a new route for the alteration was beneficial
I located the first T in the cold pipework and identified the one from the pump marked with the cross

It is under the heater hose
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

Having cut the pipe I then pulled it out to the outside boiler access door, the lower of the two pipes here
Broken Link Removed

I then pulled it from there back to the water pump
Broken Link Removed

Original direction of pipe
CA_01271415545475-M.jpg

The new length of pipe was fed through here

Broken Link Removed

To here

Broken Link Removed

Then connect to the T where the original pipe was removed and connect both ends at the water tank compartment to the accumulator/expansion tank
with enough length on the pipes to service

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Then start putting everything back
Broken Link Removed

Testing requires a full water system with the pump turned off, this will have to wait for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
BTW there are alternative methods to install this! the pipe work does not have to go through the unit it can be spured off with a blank on one port.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
What does it do? And why did you want one?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The Fiamma universal A20 Expansion Tank saves water and electricity and is suitable for all caravan and motorhome pressure switch pumps. Ideal addition to AQUA 8 water pump, previous models and all other types of pressure switch pumps including Shurflo and Whale.
The new expansion tank eliminates the pulsating operation of pressure switch pumps and supplies a constant flow of water in the required quantity. It extends the life of the pump and boiler and cuts water consumption. The internal pressurised diaphragm provides a smooth, surge-free flow.
The Fiamma A20 expansion Tank can be dismantled for diaphragm operations. It is precharged at 0.9 bars (13.05 psi) but it can be charged with the special valve with a normal compressor, which allows it to be adapted to all pressure switch pumps on the market. Supplied with straight and angled 13mm flexible hose connectors and self-tapping screws for fitting.

Since adjusting my pump for optimum flow to the shower the toilet flush now overshoots the top of the bowl. This should eliminate this plus all the above benefits.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just a warning
The pipe connection nuts on this Fiamma are piss poor soft plastic! It is very very easy to overtighten by hand alone and the nut will just ride off the thread of the body.
I've replaced with connections off my spare shurflo pump. I wish I'd bought a shurflo accumulator now even at twice the price :Doh:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just a warning
The pipe connection nuts on this Fiamma are piss poor soft plastic! It is very very easy to overtighten by hand alone and the nut will just ride off the thread of the body.
I've replaced with connections off my spare shurflo pump. I wish I'd bought a shurflo accumulator now even at twice the price :Doh:
I used John Guest fittings on mine ... far more secure:thumb:

Bom tennett

Free Member
Feb 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Did you screw the JG fittings right on? I was hoping to do this to adapt to 15mm push fit. Glad to hear they've used a standard pipe thread rather than a random one!

Bom tennett

Free Member
Feb 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Did you screw the JG fittings right on? I was hoping to do this to adapt to 15mm push fit. Glad to hear they've used a standard pipe thread rather than a random one!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Ah! That was over 7 years ago and we now have a different moho which doesn't need the accumulator, unfortunately my memory isn't that good.:doh:
Hopefully another Funster will be along to help.

Meanwhile, w2f

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
What's the thread size on these accumulators? Is it half inch BSP? I'd need to get GJ push fit adapters 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back