Fiamma A20 expansion tank fitting with pictures

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Techno, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

This is my vehicle a rapido 7090F
    Having decided to fit this device and having established where it would fit for ease of pipework and servicing I first have to dismantle the under sink cabinet after removing the drawer.
    Dont't be confused by the hinged door! This was an earlier modification I made, your drawer front will be full length to the floor
    Having removed the drawer the shelf can be removed by four screws along the right hand edge behind the ply that carries the drawer runner (no need to remove the runner as I had here) it will then lift up and pull to the right out of the goove that supports the left edge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the cupboard back and shelf, first remove the four corner screws under the plastic covers
    Then you will need a short driver bit as shown to remove the three screws that attach the shelf to the upright.This also locates in a groove on its left end

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now we have full access
    [​IMG]

Having traced the pipework it was evident that a new route for the alteration was beneficial
    I located the first T in the cold pipework and identified the one from the pump marked with the cross

It is under the heater hose
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Having cut the pipe I then pulled it out to the outside boiler access door, the lower of the two pipes here
    [​IMG]

I then pulled it from there back to the water pump
    [​IMG]

Original direction of pipe
    [​IMG]

The new length of pipe was fed through here

[​IMG]

To here

[​IMG]

Then connect to the T where the original pipe was removed and connect both ends at the water tank compartment to the accumulator/expansion tank
    with enough length on the pipes to service

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then start putting everything back
    [​IMG]

Testing requires a full water system with the pump turned off, this will have to wait for now.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Techno

BTW there are alternative methods to install this! the pipe work does not have to go through the unit it can be spured off with a blank on one port.

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

4. Techno

I bought it from you :Laughing:

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Is it your staff who can't spell accumulator or is that the Italian spelling ?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

What does it do? And why did you want one?

7. Techno

The Fiamma universal A20 Expansion Tank saves water and electricity and is suitable for all caravan and motorhome pressure switch pumps. Ideal addition to AQUA 8 water pump, previous models and all other types of pressure switch pumps including Shurflo and Whale.
    The new expansion tank eliminates the pulsating operation of pressure switch pumps and supplies a constant flow of water in the required quantity. It extends the life of the pump and boiler and cuts water consumption. The internal pressurised diaphragm provides a smooth, surge-free flow.
    The Fiamma A20 expansion Tank can be dismantled for diaphragm operations. It is precharged at 0.9 bars (13.05 psi) but it can be charged with the special valve with a normal compressor, which allows it to be adapted to all pressure switch pumps on the market. Supplied with straight and angled 13mm flexible hose connectors and self-tapping screws for fitting.

Since adjusting my pump for optimum flow to the shower the toilet flush now overshoots the top of the bowl. This should eliminate this plus all the above benefits.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. Techno

Just a warning
    The pipe connection nuts on this Fiamma are piss poor soft plastic! It is very very easy to overtighten by hand alone and the nut will just ride off the thread of the body.
    I've replaced with connections off my spare shurflo pump. I wish I'd bought a shurflo accumulator now even at twice the price :Doh:

9. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I used John Guest fittings on mine ... far more secure:thumb:

10. Techno

Mine is flexible pipework on barbed connections