fiaama 2 bike rack (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Any advice on the best way to mount 2 adult bikes on said rack would be appreciated. I have tried having one pointing one way and one the other, but that makes the taylormade bike cover very tight to put over. (Its a two slit one). The handlebars come very close to the back window of the van, (low profile 120 avantgarde). Looking forward to some replies if you have time. PS. Jim "the boss" thanks for the funster stickers, great.

Mitch

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Mitch

getting bikes to sit properly on a rack is a bit of trial and error, usually they are best facing opposite directions, .. but .. you may have to slacken the handlebar stem and or saddles and adjust to get them to sit neatly .. I know it's a bit of a pain, I've been there with four bikes.. all different sizes.. :Doh: Just don't forget to tighten before cycling .. :roflmto:

As for the cover.. well, in my experience more bother than it's worth.. the muck still gets under the cover .. and it gets filthy too.. just something else to clean.. but on the plus side it keeps them hidden, a small deterrent ..

jim

samany

Free Member
Sep 3, 2009
cheltenham, glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
may 2009
we just slacken the stem on bike nearest back of van and turn handle bars in, the other bike even with baskets front and rear fits on quite easily. as Jim stated it can be trial and error and thats exactly how we sorted it after various attempts.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We just throw them on and strap them down.
Only four on at the moment, but we usually have six:

Attachments

• PICT0205.jpg
    PICT0205.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 25

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have 2 mountain bikes on our rack-I turn both handlebars through 90 deg and put the bikes on head to tail.I then remove the outside pedal so that the cover goes on better and right down to the rack without any strain on it.

Mike.

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have a similar problem with our Autoquest 115 - We top and tail the bikes and use bungies to strap the wheels together at the 3 & 9 o'clock (if that makes sense) We lost interest in the cover after the first trip...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
for Scotjimland

Many thanks for advice on bike rack Jim, one allen key, two handlebars twisted 90 degrees and the whole set up is vastly improved, my Taylormade cover now fits MUCH better . Thanks again.

Mitch..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back