fiaama 2 bike rack

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jenny and mitch, Mar 31, 2011.

1. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Any advice on the best way to mount 2 adult bikes on said rack would be appreciated. I have tried having one pointing one way and one the other, but that makes the taylormade bike cover very tight to put over. (Its a two slit one). The handlebars come very close to the back window of the van, (low profile 120 avantgarde). Looking forward to some replies if you have time. PS. Jim "the boss" thanks for the funster stickers, great.

Mitch

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Mitch

getting bikes to sit properly on a rack is a bit of trial and error, usually they are best facing opposite directions, .. but .. you may have to slacken the handlebar stem and or saddles and adjust to get them to sit neatly .. I know it's a bit of a pain, I've been there with four bikes.. all different sizes.. :Doh: Just don't forget to tighten before cycling .. :Laughing:

As for the cover.. well, in my experience more bother than it's worth.. the muck still gets under the cover .. and it gets filthy too.. just something else to clean.. but on the plus side it keeps them hidden, a small deterrent ..

jim

3. samany

samany Read Only Funster

we just slacken the stem on bike nearest back of van and turn handle bars in, the other bike even with baskets front and rear fits on quite easily. as Jim stated it can be trial and error and thats exactly how we sorted it after various attempts.:thumb:

4. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

We just throw them on and strap them down.
    Only four on at the moment, but we usually have six:

Attached Files:

5. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

We have 2 mountain bikes on our rack-I turn both handlebars through 90 deg and put the bikes on head to tail.I then remove the outside pedal so that the cover goes on better and right down to the rack without any strain on it.

Mike.

6. Autoquest

Autoquest Read Only Funster

We have a similar problem with our Autoquest 115 - We top and tail the bikes and use bungies to strap the wheels together at the 3 & 9 o'clock (if that makes sense) We lost interest in the cover after the first trip...

7. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

for Scotjimland

Many thanks for advice on bike rack Jim, one allen key, two handlebars twisted 90 degrees and the whole set up is vastly improved, my Taylormade cover now fits MUCH better . Thanks again.

Mitch..