Festival Half Price Ticket Code - Valley Fest 28-30 August, Somerset (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone that likes food & festivals this might be good http://www.valleyfest.co.uk/
Got this via email "Valley Fest runs 28-30 August and we have 500 HALF‑PRICE adult tickets for friends of Yeo Valley (that’s you). You can order up to 10 each – just include the code yeoyeoyeo at checkout. And hurry!Price applies to 2 x full-price adult tickets (total £120) plus 2 x full-price kids (6-15 year old) tickets (total £60)." It's £30 extra to stay there in your "campervan" so maybe small motorhomes would be ok too?
Bit expensive for us even with discount but they are looking for volunteers to help run it so we might give it a go .... Location looks good for festival - camping is in a flatter area a short distance away :)
11018460_795210333882124_1446000103_n.jpg

Last edited:

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Sounds awful.

Looks like they really do not want anyone to have fun and pay even more money than the excessive amounts to come in.

Do not bring more than 1 crate of beer. No spirits. No excessive amount of food..? What is excessive food? No gas canisters. The list goes on.

So basically they want you to buy overpriced tat to eat and drink and not have your own supplies. Shows like this annoy me.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Festivals are normally quite expensive & any restrictions only look like they are trying to stop people reselling?! We don't have an issue with any of the rules :) Think as it is an organic food (as well as music) festival that festival goers will be planning on buying & trying the food & drink on offer anyway. Just thought the discount code might be of use to someone especially if a few Funsters were considering it as a meet...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
I've taken the time to think about this before responding - I agree with you the discount is awesome but then just demonstrates how expensive (overpriced it is if they are cutting the costs by 50%).

I go to 7 - 10 shows/festivals a year and have never come across such rules (although with glamping now being a bigger thing I worry for the future).

In 15 years of going to festivals I've never been approached by anyone trying to flog me an unlicensed bacon butty or similar so I can't understand the need for such onerous rules.

It's a shame as I'm looking to attend more foody type shows (although not necessarily organic as its a bit of a sham imo).

Maybe I just long for the days when shows were just that. Turn up with your pals, turn up the music, turn down the stress and light up the fire and just chill and make new friends, welcoming people into your camp (and offering them a drink!)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Sounds awful.

Looks like they really do not want anyone to have fun and pay even more money than the excessive amounts to come in.

Do not bring more than 1 crate of beer. No spirits. No excessive amount of food..? What is excessive food? No gas canisters. The list goes on.

So basically they want you to buy overpriced tat to eat and drink and not have your own supplies. Shows like this annoy me.

bit harsh
the OP was only trying to be helpful

we have paid big bucks for a family, for festivals, you pays you gets

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
bit harsh
the OP was only trying to be helpful

we have paid big bucks for a family, for festivals, you pays you gets

Yes. Thanks. I did respond further.

I too have a family but you do not have to pay a fortune to have fun, regardless what others may think.

http://grill-n-chill.co.uk/

Brilliant show. For me & the missus + 2 kids, camping for 2/3 nights £25.

Granted, no hook up - but, you get free entrance into the hop farm which the kids love.

Oh, and you're allowed to bring in the odd beer and sausage.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Yes. Thanks. I did respond further.

I too have a family but you do not have to pay a fortune to have fun, regardless what others may think.

http://grill-n-chill.co.uk/

Brilliant show. For me & the missus + 2 kids, camping for 2/3 nights £25.

Granted, no hook up - but, you get free entrance into the hop farm which the kids love.

Oh, and you're allowed to bring in the odd beer and sausage.

hey hey looks good
nearly bought a 'bug' last summer
paid the money , only to find it had 'wrong papers'
it was still registered as a beetle, argh:cool:

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Plenty more fish in the sea!

Buy a VW you won't regret it - the social side of festivals is something you just can't get anywhere else as its all inclusive from people in their late teens buying a cheap beetle as a first car to those who have been in the scene for years and now have vans worth £50k plus.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone who does like the sound of this festival but can't justify the ticket cost - how about getting involved & volunteering to help like us :) Contact volunteers@valleyfest.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back