LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Manda

Try Norfolk line allways founf them to be cheap if you can do a crossing that isnt peak time you will get cheaper deals. If you have tesco vouchers you could use euro tunnel

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We have booked a late night crossing, which is less expensive and if you get there early, they will frequently let you on an earlier crossing if they have space.
Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Deffo norfolk line,

4 years ago i got a crossing with my 7 meter long motorhome for 19 quid each way,

that went uto 29 quid each way, always went for singles, as i never had a set date to return on, so bought the ticket a couple of days before i decided to come home.

the cheapest sailings are the unsociable hours ones, thats the sailings between midnight and about 6am, i always got the 04:15 sailing going out, went down the night before, spent the night for free on the quayside at dover, arrived in dunkerque at about 7am local time, ideal for a days drive to germany, via luxembourg for some cheap fuel, which is what i always did,

Bruno

Free Member
Jan 8, 2010
Funster No
Anyone know of any reasonable priced ferries going for the first week of July-Dover to Calais.
Norfolk Line (Link Removed) go from Dover to Dunkirk (not far from Calais) and are very cheap. Just paid £44 return for travelling May and returning June. My van is small (less than 2.4m high) so that might have helped.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyone know of any reasonable priced ferries going for the first week of July-Dover to Calais.

Never take "special offers" from CC CCC or anyone else as gospel.

My first email to one of them was "You offer a special deal on P&O yet I went on their web site and got it much cheaper than your members' special price.".

Just take the time to try a few web sites but beware some traps like ( approximately ) poferrybookings which is an agent site with marked up prices whereas poferry.com is the real direct link to the line. They're all out to get you if you let them.

Late night/early mornings are usually much cheaper.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Agree with above,Norfolkline .
I brought a 5 metre camper back for £11.50p 2 weeks ago.
I never book return,but always book online each way.

breakaleg

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 Years
Just booked with sea france, £57.00 return both crossings at 8am ish
Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Book online as far ahead as possible. Sunday mornings seem to always be cheap. Our 8.15mtr burstner was £31 for our May 23 10am sailing. I think that is OK.

teensvan

OP
OP
M

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks all we booked with P&O return at odd times on a Sat & return on Sun for £112. Cheapest we could find-discounting Seafrance!:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back