Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
No we haven't but have holidayed on Malta a number of times. As far as we know there is only one touring/camping site which is mainly taken up (90% ) with static homes/caravans which looked to be permanently sited. This is in the far north of the island, see photos. You can see the red camping icon in the top right of the map. Below that icon is a viewing point icon which is a rough area of land with a small church. This area could be used for wild camping.
The red lines which make up oblongs of land moving away from the viewpoint are rough tracks, and I mean rough! The road at the bottom of these oblongs is tarmac, new within the last 5 years. This is the road you should use to get to & from this area.
There is wild camping on the north side of Mellieha Bay, an area of level ground specifically for camping cars. Public toilets available and I think fresh water. Fantastic spot for sunshine. We were there in December & stayed in the Seabank hotel on the southside of the bay. There is also a number of wild camping spots off the new coast road. A bus ride to Sliema & you will see them. Hope this info is of use to you.

Attachments

• 20170117_180106.jpg
    20170117_180106.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 27

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
No we haven't but have holidayed on Malta a number of times. As far as we know there is only one touring/camping site which is mainly taken up (90% ) with static homes/caravans which looked to be permanently sited. This is in the far north of the island, see photos. You can see the red camping icon in the top right of the map. Below that icon is a viewing point icon which is a rough area of land with a small church. This area could be used for wild camping.
The red lines which make up oblongs of land moving away from the viewpoint are rough tracks, and I mean rough! The road at the bottom of these oblongs is tarmac, new within the last 5 years. This is the road you should use to get to & from this area.
There is wild camping on the north side of Mellieha Bay, an area of level ground specifically for camping cars. Public toilets available and I think fresh water. Fantastic spot for sunshine. We were there in December & stayed in the Seabank hotel on the southside of the bay. There is also a number of wild camping spots off the new coast road. A bus ride to Sliema & you will see them. Hope this info is of use to you.
Seabank, stayed there about 5yrs ago wife loved it especially the food hope it's still as good
If I remember it was near lido, how far away is the wild camping spot
Thks

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
From the Seabank front rooms you can see wild camping the odd caravan and motorhomes. I used my binoculars to confirm. It's a 10 mins brisk walk across the bay. Here's a picture of the wild camping area

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_20161213_122152.jpg
    IMG_20161213_122152.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 17

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread