ferry from spain to italy or sciciy (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
has anyone used ferries from Barcelona or Valencia to Italy/Scicily/Corsica or similer?
We are thinking of driving to our home in Spain in our campervan staying for a month or so and then coming back via Italy or similar if we could get a ferry over there and it wasn't horrendously expensive. One option would be to go via Majorca - anyone been here? Or any other suggestions?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
has anyone used ferries from Barcelona or Valencia to Italy/Scicily/Corsica or similer?
We are thinking of driving to our home in Spain in our campervan staying for a month or so and then coming back via Italy or similar if we could get a ferry over there and it wasn't horrendously expensive. One option would be to go via Majorca - anyone been here? Or any other suggestions?

I have seen a post on F A C T S possibly from Don Madge who did this. Serious money is what is stuck in my mind but convenient if you don't feel like driving.

Personally, since you are talking 500 easy miles, I'd prefer driving. To me a simple one stop journey. Two stops and it would be seriously relaxed.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We did the Civitacchia ( Rome ) to Barcelona ferry a few years ago. Grimaldi Lines

We worked out that with an RV doing 12 miles to the gallon, motorway tolls , campsites etc

it was about the same price. It was like being on a Mediterranean cruise unlike driving all

along that awful motorway . If it did cost a bit more then it was seriously well worth it.

http://www.directferries.co.uk/grimaldi_ferries.htm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
...................... Barcelona to Rome by motorway = 855 miles.

Deleted User
Used Genoa to Barcelona ferry last October en route from Croatia, cost €380 for 5er with cabin. Not cheap but costs at class 4 on French autoroutes made the cost of driving comparable.
The ferries ultimate destination was Tangiers so lots of Moroccans on board which was no problem but the food in the basic cafe, which was free to those going to Tangiers, was dire. A more expensive restaurant was available, I would reccomend this or take your own food on board. Boat left Genoa 14.00 arrived Barcelona 08.15, cabins etc OK but 'faded splendour' comes to mind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back