Ferry from Reggio di calabria to Messina Summer 2010 (1 Viewer)

adrenalinefx

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
West Midlands
Funster No
Exp
since 2008....
Hi.... Just searching for a bit of advice hope someone can help. We're planning to take our motor home down through Italy this year and cross to Sicily. I was wondering whether anyone could give me some help on ferry companies which will take our van (approx 8m with bike rack) for the crossing and how to book with them in advance....... also any tips about sites in Sicily would be very much appreciated.... THANKS......::bigsmile: Helen.....

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi.... Just searching for a bit of advice hope someone can help. We're planning to take our motor home down through Italy this year and cross to Sicily. THANKS......::bigsmile: Helen.....

I asked that question last year, got some answers, so use the SEARCH facility at the top of the page to find these.

As far as I recall it was just turn up and go like a bus service. Very enthusiastic reports of Sicily.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi

The twice I have driven down I have used the ferry from Villa San Giovanni to Messina which is just 8.5 miles north of Reggio. It is a shuttle service with no need to book. Each time there has been plenty of room & the ferries will take large vehicles. For my small MH the cost was €32.

I have used two sites from the ACSI guides one at Marinello which was fine, the other was Camp la Timpa in Acireale the site is OK but it is terraced and would not be so good for a large MH.

It's best to avoid Catania when driving - It's mad!!!!!!!

I may do the trip again in September.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

adrenalinefx

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
West Midlands
Funster No
Exp
since 2008....
Thanks for your help.... thought it might be the case of just turning up but always best to be forewarned and prepared..will check out those sites in Sicily.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back