Ferry for Norway ?? (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I want to visit Norway in my van,but can't seem to find a direct ferry crossing.Does anyone know of one currently running please.:thumb::thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Friends of mine have gone this weekend but not sure if they have flown or driven, will find out on Tuesday for you.

Dale

niblue

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C-class
Exp
We went a few years back when there used to be two operators running from Newcastle to Norway. They then amalgamated the services then cancelled them and as far as I'm aware there is currently no direct service from the UK.

There also used be a route via Shetland which I also think is no longer running. Now the options are either a long drive or getting two ferries - one to Denmark then another one to Norway (or drive via the bridge to Sweden).

If they start the direct service again we'll be one of the first to book up!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi is the fjord line not running from newcastle to bergen.
might be gone .we,ve been trying to get a ferry to iceland but it seems we must go to denmark to get one.
could get a taxi only want some icecream .ha ha .
seems alot of ferries no longer run.
never mind winter will soon be here lots ferries to europe and downwards .

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yup - and you used to be able to catch a ferry to Algeciras, too.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Ones to Sweden have gone as well if you to go by boat you have to via Denmark, Harwich - Esbjerg otherwise drive from Calais it's a 1000 miles to Esbjerg & still have to go across Denmark & Sweden.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There have been no ferries to Norway for some time now,and believe me its a hell of a drive up there the long way round,have done it a few times and what with fuel prices being what they are now am afraid its out of the question for me.I love my fishing in Norway,but cant warant the £3000-£5000 for the trip anymore.

sussex gone north

Free Member
Jan 18, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
Norway Ferry

Newcastle - Bergen service ended in 2008.

Options are :

Harwich - Esbjerg drive through Denmark and take Hirsthals - Oslo.

Harwich - Hook of Holland or Dover - Calais, then drive all the way which is boring at best. An option is drive to Travemunde on the German N coast and take the ferry to Malmo - 9 hour crossing - try DFDS Tor Line, TT Line, both run 2 or 3 crossings a day - mainly freight but new ships with very good cabins for a good sleep, and remarkably cheap.

You could also try for a freight crossing which takes a few passengers.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Ones to Sweden have gone as well if you to go by boat you have to via Denmark, Harwich - Esbjerg otherwise drive from Calais it's a 1000 miles to Esbjerg & still have to go across Denmark & Sweden.

656 miles from Calais to Esberg:winky:

Adge

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Autoroute was set for km.:Doh:

:Doh: heheh I did wonder. I hope I did not sound rude in correcting things, but I knew it was shorter that you had said as Rasmus is from Denmark and we do that trip a lot.

Adge

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I did ask my friend about her trip to Norway at the weekend and they flew with SAS airlines, they used to go by ferry but the route they used to go has been stopped.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back