Ferry Crossing - Santander (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
On the ferry heading home now.

Thought we would try reclining seats. First my newspaper was stolen before I could read it,. then early morning we went for a walk and when we came back Carols pillow had disappeared and there was now a man sleeping on the floor in front of us, on Carols pillow! I was so outraged I kicked him and instructed him to move on - which scared me more than him and after swearing at me he agreed. The worst part there was a serial snoring maniac (all night) two seats in front of us.

I also stood on my laptop accidently and can only see half the screen whilst I write this!

Oh for the lazy days and fun at Marjal!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Oh dear sounds like a disastrous crossing, been considering these seats for my crossing to!:Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Cabins for us, those seats are awful..

Safe journey home:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
On the ferry heading home now.

Thought we would try reclining seats. First my newspaper was stolen before I could read it,. then early morning we went for a walk and when we came back Carols pillow had disappeared and there was now a man sleeping on the floor in front of us, on Carols pillow! I was so outraged I kicked him and instructed him to move on - which scared me more than him and after swearing at me he agreed. The worst part there was a serial snoring maniac (all night) two seats in front of us.

I also stood on my laptop accidently and can only see half the screen whilst I write this!

Oh for the lazy days and fun at Marjal!
Aw - really sorry to hear about the mishaps on your ferry trip - hope you'll get over it before we see you at Petereborough!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i always pay for a seat but as said they and the rooms they are in are horrible .find a quiet place elsewhere and grab a snooze. have had a cabin but dont think its worth the extra .

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
for us it is worth paying for a cabin on the longer crossings, at least we can sleep proper knowing that any items we have carried with us on the boat are safe, and we can start our journey refreshed and washed once we depart the boat, not to mention the fact that we can make our own drinks of coffee or tea throughout the voyage when we want

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Andrew & Carol, sorry to hear of your troubles at the end of your holiday. :Doh: We hope your onward journey goes much better for you.:thumb: Get home, get down the Shore for a few pints and you will have a good laugh about it all.:winky:
Best wishes
Brian & Pam.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A cabin for us , comfort and quiet, except for the wife snoring ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am sat in a Commodore cabin this very minute in Portsmouth.

Horrific journey down here with hold ups on M25 and M3 but now checked in ready to sail at 5pm.

Brought some beer with me which is cooling in the cabin fridge.:thumb:

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
for us it is worth paying for a cabin on the longer crossings, at least we can sleep proper knowing that any items we have carried with us on the boat are safe, and we can start our journey refreshed and washed once we depart the boat, not to mention the fact that we can make our own drinks of coffee or tea throughout the voyage when we want

Exactly! We learn quickly. :cry:

Brisey has the right idea, we are home now and shortly off to the pub with our winter sun tans :Cool::Cool::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the kind wishes peeps

Andrew and Carol

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
A cabin for us , comfort and quiet, except for the wife snoring ::bigsmile: