Free Member
Apr 30, 2012
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
since 2003
Recently I had to return home a few days early from my european trip I arrived at the port of Dunkirk and enquired if there were spaces on the next ferry. Yes came the reply but you have to purchase a new ticket. I explained that I had a valid ticket for a few days later but was informed that it was only valid on the ferry booked. Have any other motor homers been faced with the same problem? I was not amused surely this is not customer friendly or is it a way of extracting more money!!!

agfox

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Recently I had to return home a few days early from my european trip I arrived at the port of Dunkirk and enquired if there were spaces on the next ferry. Yes came the reply but you have to purchase a new ticket. I explained that I had a valid ticket for a few days later but was informed that it was only valid on the ferry booked. Have any other motor homers been faced with the same problem? I was not amused surely this is not customer friendly or is it a way of extracting more money!!!

agfox

Returned from Calais in April, weather was bad in France, phoned and rebooked for the day earlier (next day) - £10 admin charge :Smile:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
At the port they will always try and make you pay again, they wanted 110 euros off us to change the ferry because we arrived a day early, the original fare was only £79.Needless to say we waited until the next day.
However as stated if you ring DFDS in England they will only charge you administration fee,last time I altrered the date it cost me £20.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back