Ferry booked thanks to Caravan Club

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lorger, Jan 28, 2016.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

Started looking at ferry and tunnel prices for this June and ended up opting for Hull to Zeebrugge.

Had a look on a few sites including P&O themselves and the cheapest I could get was £470 thats for van and two people way out and van and 4 on the way back. No I'm not bringing in a couple of immigrant's, we are bringing sophie and the boyfriend back from their Inter-railing trip round Europe.

Anyway back to the ferry, phoned CC and they said they should be the same price or better first offer comes back at over £500 as he priced 4 people each way, eventually after a few calls and a chat with his team leader he cam back with a price of £397.

As we stay about 440 miles from Dover this doesn't work out to expensive compared to driving and fuel, plus I can have a beer at 19:00 hours instead of driving all night.

• Like Like x 3
  2. WillH

WillH Funster

We went Newcastle-Amsterdam last year and will probably use the same route this year. Much shorter drive for you as it was for us.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lorger

lorger Funster

Yes we have used this route a few times and will again in September when going to Berlin, this time though it works out better going to Zeebrugge as the extra miles we have to do here are eaten up on the other side as we tend on heading to French Swiss alps.
    I think if you book well in advance the price is well worth it compared to driving south

• Like Like x 1
  4. WillH

WillH Funster

It's a good route for us as Dover is 500 miles away, we can leave home in the morning and be having a beer at 5.00 pm, on the continent the next day. This year France is back on the sat-nav, haven't been for three years. Enjoy your trip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

we loved the route pre dog, even though we actually go an hour north east the drive is sooooo much better than taking on the south east corner and M25

nice relaxed crossing, slightly early start by our standards in he morning, not bad if you have a drive to do, we have been in Bruges before anything opens a few times

in the end we always took the cabin upgrades, forget what they called them now, but three / four berth with TV, kettle and drinks fridge, used to include about 12 minatures, just soft drinks last time we went, but really made the trip

enjoy your trip, I have just enjoyed reminiscing :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

You can also buy 'camping cheques' they make for a cheaper crossing, but many campsites have stopped taking them .
    An email to camping cheques will happen on our return to the uk.

But still cheaper even if you can't / don't use the campming cheques

• Like Like x 1