Ferry booked for first trip to France EVER !! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
jaykay

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
JK I am really looking forward to hearing about your travels, but slightly troubled by your last post, have you really not even tried the MH overnight somewhere? I would say that's a must, even if only on your own drive

France isn't far but it will seem an awful long way from home if you find something critical doesn't work

Sorry if this sounds slightly negative, but it will be so much better for your confidence to know all works as should, where things are, storage options etc etc
First trip away this weekend, and already tested everything, just not slept in it yet. I aint crazy! :)

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
First trip away this weekend, and already tested everything, just not slept in it yet. I aint crazy! :)

I have only driven our motorhome once and will have another go before we set off for Dover !

I maybe read your posts to literally

hope you enjoy France, we love it (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Highwayman1

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autohomes
Exp
Since 1980 on & off
Hope that your weekend trip goes well and make sure you wave back ! lol. Don`t forget pen and paper to make notes too.
I spent 10 days in Normandy last August for £206 (via Tunnel and Tesco vouchers) in my `van`.
I remember the first time I went over for 3 weeks was in 1980 in a VW combi. Now that was a trip and scary too ! For those that remember the old routes thru Calais to Boulogne and on to Rouen and then southwards - todays autoroutes from the ferry/tunnel are a dream (at times).
All I will say JayKay is to take your time and enjoy. The object is to get there in good fettle and not in the fastest time. Plan your route and use the internet to have a look at where you`re going beforehand. I do also use AA autoroute to check out my route for ongoing problems rather than wait to find the roadworks. Don`t forget the Dartford crossing payment or it`s free after 2200 `cos I know you are coming from my area. Most of all just enjoy your trips out - no matter how long. And finally I found that, (and confirmed by my 12&14 year old sons), whilst in the van my` driver tourettes` just disappears ! It reappears when I get back into the car though haha. Take care

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back