Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2012
My fiance and I have taken a break from work and we are travelling the world.
In 2012 we became motorhome owners and toured Europe and Turkey.
Some in the motorhome and some house sitting..
We spent the summer in Spain and Portugal and the winter in Turkey.
Having a fab time.
In 2013 we hope to go to Germany to the Moselle region where my fiance hopes to visit his beloved Nurburgring (motorbike fanatic)
We mix stops with camp sites and free camping using the ACSI camping card and word of mouth to assist us with our travels.
Any tips and tricks would be appreciated.
Our first trip will be via ferry from Dover to France at the beginning of April.
Speak soon
Sez :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun, sounds as if you are living the dream :welcomefunster:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
welcome to the fun. plan an outgoing route through Luxembugh to take advantage of the cheap fuel. don't forget to apply for your UMWELT badge, or you will not be able to enter many German cities.
Do check out the chatroom and rally calendar:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
what is an umwelt badge and what does it cost? we may be visiting germany this year

The Umwelt Plakette, them is a windscreen sticker that allows access to a growing number of German cities. Vehicles are graded by emissions with three colour badges, red, yellow and green. From 2010 an increasing number of cities will only allow those vehicles with a green badge to access city roads.

For driving outside of these designated areas a badge is not required although if you stray into one of the zones (which should be clearly marker) you may be subject to a fine.

You can buy it when you get into Germany for about €5 ((may have gone up) after showing your vehicle documents..

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi and :welcomefunster:

Tip: Keep looking on the site and see if anyone comes up with a discount code for the ferries.

The companies sometimes give them out at the shows and members post them on here for all to read and use.

Another Tip: Don't miss the ferry as the water is deep and don't eat yellow snow:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
the mossel is fantastic, loads of low cost stellplatz to stay at.
The nurbering is only a short drive away, I went to drive the motorhome around it but typical the day I went they were not doing it.. :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back