Feeling sick (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Dents and scratches and that on motors have never ever bothered me, mind you most of the ones iv had already come with them, got two pickups at home had one 5 years the other 2 never had a wash between them, just can't be bothered ponceing with a bit of tin

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Dents and scratches and that on motors have never ever bothered me, mind you most of the ones iv had already come with them, got two pickups at home had one 5 years the other 2 never had a wash between them, just can't be bothered ponceing with a bit of tin

It`s when you come to sell/ or trade in when it becomes a problem ---"sorry sir, we will deduct £££££`s for that serious damage" :eek:

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The top gouge is split. I've put some waterproof clear tape over it (the stuff used to repair commercial polytunnels) just to keep moisture out but it will need some serious work. The bottom one needs filling and decals. The decals aren't a problem as I can get them. Not cheap but they are available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It's always the clean cars that get nicked...... I'm no car snob, just want to get safely between A and B in reasonable comfort.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
That will fill and paint, I know a man but you too far away good luck with the repair

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Just to cheer you up :cooler:

130502152627-rubber-duck-in-hong-kong-1-horizontal-gallery.jpg

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Ouch! Sorry to read this, hope it doesn't cost too much to nurse back to good health........

Margaret & Bill

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
I managed to dent the motorhome..... a second of distraction and not paying enough attention, totally my fault. I don't suppose I'm the only one to have done this. :cry:

The damage is limited to the habitation door and may require a new door. I hope it won't cost too much as I don't want to make an insurance claim.

Ouch :sick: but "you are not alone" sing along now....were you at Southport by any chance? If so, you'd have seen the evidence on one of Jim's RV lockers, it seems to be a pre-requisite that you dent em!

Maybe dents are a bit like stamps in your motorhoming passport? :whistle:

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
A new door will be just over the £1,000 if we fit and finish it.

I'm still waiting for all the other people who were going to get back to me to do so.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
When I bought my first GSXR1000 in 2001, I decided to wash it after it's first run out.

So put paddock stand under rear wheel and hoist under exhaust downpipes to lift front wheel off floor as well.

When I walked to garage I heard a sickening crunching sound. Yes, the bike had fallen over. 3 days old. :crying:

I ran over to pick it up, but couldn't as the paddock stand was jammed. So I had to put it back on the floor to pull stand out. :crying::crying:

Wasn't a happy bunny. :crying::crying::crying:

But it was my company bike so repairs were put through the books :wink:

I dropped our brand new Ducati 696 !!!!! Was pulling out of a junction behind hubby on his Monster. Car appeared , he stopped a bit quick, as did I ......unfortunately I couldn't get my leg down quick enough. Gentle put down and only the brake leaver damaged ( and my pride) felt like a right Wally.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hope not to expensive to fix. We damaged our bumper and light cluster last year in a Gloustershire Tesco carpark it's still held together at the back with duck tape. Local bodyshop wanted 800 to repair but for the same price we managed to get a light cluster from Olearys and Brownhills have found us a bumper.(y) Might not repair until we're ready to sell.:D

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
First quote for fill and paint is back...... over £600 plus VAT. The guy at the dealer said it was too much and to check locally. No one local has come back to me yet (nor Plastic Surgeon).

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
First quote for fill and paint is back...... over £600 plus VAT. The guy at the dealer said it was too much and to check locally. No one local has come back to me yet (nor Plastic Surgeon).

I'm sorry to hear that Plastic surgeon haven't got back to you (feel bad that I recommended them now)…..have you tried calling them?

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Looking at the photo--
£650 to repair + decals (if available) --if not, match decal colours and copy existing +vat .
2 days to repair

Sorry:cry:

I`m still here with a CL site at the rear of the unit.
It`s too big a job for plastic surgeon / car medic to do .

We don`t bite in Somerset(y)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Not to worry Rosie, I did phone and they asked for photos but I haven't heard anything since. Maybe we are too remote for them.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I`m still here with a CL site at the rear of the unit.
It`s too big a job for plastic surgeon / car medic to do .

We don`t bite in Somerset(y)

Yes but it's over 350 miles each way..... If we had a week's spare holiday we would take you up on the offer though.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I just wish the local people would get back to me. I love the laid back life style up here but sometimes the "Borderitis" gets to me.......

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I've had a quote from a local motorhome converter (they do a lot of insurance work) and I know their work is very well regarded. Will talk with Puddledrake and see what he thinks but it looks like it could be a goer to me.

Now to order the decals (and maybe a new handle, it wasn't that great- felt loose - before I bashed the door and I didn't help).

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I just wish the local people would get back to me. I love the laid back life style up here but sometimes the "Borderitis" gets to me.......

It constantly amazes me .. Firms have an email contact, a web site etc, and then ignore queries..
I can only presume they either do not care about the customer or are so rich they do not need the custom at all

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Question: Do bumps, bangs, grazes or scrapes make your MH drive badly?? If not, forget! After 21 years, ours looks like it just came back from a nasty bombing mission over Berlin in 1944. It's all in the mind, forget, and enjoy!! :)(y)(y)

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
call chris parnil of rdh services callow clay cross may still have my old door from allegro 69 dont know if it will fit but hea is chausson registered and will be glad to help tel 07752022745

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Thanks Tootles and g8ysn, you've made me feel much better. I don't usually bother too much about minor scratches and marks as they are pretty much inevitable when you live in the middle of nowhere, and my cars tend to be run until it's uneconomical to repair them.

I think I may have sourced a door, just need to make sure it will fit - otherwise it is fill and paint. A new door would be better but fill and paint a close second. We'll get this weekend away and then have a long(ish) period at home when we won't need the motorhome.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Buffy is back and when I looked at the filled and painted door I thought they had replaced it!!! The decals are on order.

The guy that did the door said he thought the door had been previously damaged and repaired. I'm really pleased with the job - thank you Mill Garage of Duns.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I'm afraid I have to put my hands up and say it was the duck...... The gate is (or was) tight and you have to take it square on. there was a car behind me peeping to be past and instead of waving them past and giving myself loads of time I had a minor panic and took the turn too tight. Lesson learnt.

The drake has now widened the gateway by taking the gate off (which was broken) and removing the hinges. We will have to replace the gate to placate our neighbours but will hang it differently so that the full width remains.

Luckily no insurance claim. Mill Garage have done a great job, I can't praise the workmanship enough. They also do van conversions and often have one or two trade-ins and / or rebuilds for sale. When I first looked at the "new" door I thought they had replaced it as it is so good - better than it was before I hurt it. Previously there was quite a bow in the door and it needed some push to get it to close and lock but they have also sorted that out. and put on a new handle as ours was broken.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back