Feeling a tad scared!...

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Fletton, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Fletton

Fletton Funster

Just discovered a small chip and crack in the windscreen of my less than 5 month old Knaus A class MoHo...

The glass has a small Chip with about 1/4" (4mm in new money) crack that currently looks like its not gone all way through...

It's about 6" (150mm in new money) from the drivers edge (RHD) of the screeen and half way down...

I've just called Autoglass who have arranged to come and look at it with a view to repairing next Wednesday...

However, during the conversation ... They stipulate that trying to reapir it may cause it to fail altogether.... And then it would need replacing.. which cannot be done 'on site'... Also went on to mention costs for replacement... :( :(

Anyone with an A class got any good news stories? :worried:

Ps... I'm insured with AIS...

2. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Same thing happened to our A Class windscreen when driving in Portugal (we had owned the van for a matter of weeks). When we arrived back in UK we called Autoglass out who gave us exactly the same disclaimers. They fixed the crack and you can't even see it now. Very good professional service. Don't panic!! (yet).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

It will probably be fine, but if your glass is covered by insurers (it should be)it might be worth asking them what's the best course of action. I had a repair done on my Hymer A class and the insurance company paid for the repair, no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Badknee

Badknee Funster

An Autoglass guy did what he could for my works van windscreen which included drilling a tiny hole right at the end of the crack to stop it getting longer, lasted the two years I had the van after that so worth an ask. I realise every crack is different but if you don't ask, you don't get.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

If its not in your main field of vision it will be fine. some repairs you can see some you cannot. A class windscreens a bit of a concern.

• Like Like x 1