Fed up with Marquis after sales service (1 Viewer)

denpar

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki
Exp
4 years
We have had our Autocruise Oakmont for a year, it has been back to Marquis 5 times for varous reasons ranging from them having fitted the towbar too low, the step stopped working the habitation door doesnt fit and an ongoing issue with the shower door which having been identified as a problem when we ordered the MH in October 2011 marquis have apparently received 3 new doors from Swift all of them being wrong.
Motorhome went back to marquis again this week to have its first year habitation service, new shower door fitted and hab door adjusted and once again we have been told that the shower door received is stil the wrong one and that the hab door cannot be adjusted and a new one will need to be ordered (why they didnt admit this when we first reported the fault with the door i dont know)
I feel like we are being fobbed off all the time and have finally run out of patience, just not sure what to do. :shout:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We are Autocruise dealers, you can have a chat to Glen Harris, our Service Manager and see if he can sort your problems out.

01-580-881288 is our main number

Peter

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nothing to do with Autosleeper - Autocruise are owned by Swift.

Now THERE is a surprise... Jeez, Is there a WORSE company out there for customer care ?

They make eBay customer service look great !!! :Angry::Eeek:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
But Marquis is...

"Following a recent Management Buy Out, Marquis are now privately owned together with Auto-Sleepers Ltd and form the Auto-Sleepers Group. The retail and manufacturing divisions work closely together to bring some of the best motorhomes and caravans to the UK market."

Thanks, You learn something new everyday:thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Some more info...

There are two Directors..
Geoffrey Scott & Michael Crouch
Are directors of the following

AUTO-SLEEPERS INVESTMENTS LIMITED
AUTO-SLEEPERS HOLDINGS LIMITED
AUTO-SLEEPERS LIMITED
AUTO-SLEEPERS GROUP LIMITED
21ST CENTURY MOTORHOMES LIMITED
SURREY MOTOR CARAVAN CENTRE LIMITED
BERKSHIRE MOTOR CARAVAN CENTRE LIMITED
MARQUIS MOTORHOMES LIMITED
SOUTHERN CROSS MOTOR CARAVAN CENTRE LTD

There you go, the whole company structure...

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi, sorry to hear you are having problems with Marquis, we look at buying a motorhome from them but they talked themselves out of a sale didn`t like the attitude or set-up.

Personally if I was you I would just leave the motorhome and the keys with them, better if you park it across their gate and keep the keys stating when it`s fixed I`ll come and pick it up.
This "We have your money and couldn`t care less attitude" from dealers is nothing less than disgraceful. the majority of them have the Morals of Alley Cats.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
Positive spin

Just to put a positive spin on this
I bought from a dealer

Cotswold Motor Homes

Could not be happier. Yes Motorhome leaked - but thats when you find out how good they are. They pulled out all the stops and did their best at all times.
Very Honest, Let you know how motorhoming works financially.

Highly recommended
:Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We have had our Autocruise Oakmont for a year, it has been back to Marquis 5 times for varous reasons ranging from them having fitted the towbar too low, the step stopped working the habitation door doesnt fit and an ongoing issue with the shower door which having been identified as a problem when we ordered the MH in October 2011 marquis have apparently received 3 new doors from Swift all of them being wrong.
Motorhome went back to marquis again this week to have its first year habitation service, new shower door fitted and hab door adjusted and once again we have been told that the shower door received is stil the wrong one and that the hab door cannot be adjusted and a new one will need to be ordered (why they didnt admit this when we first reported the fault with the door i dont know)

I feel like we are being fobbed off all the time and have finally run out of patience, just not sure what to do. :shout:

Is this the same motorhome about which you posted this back in August..

We have a 2011 Oakmont and love it, a few minor niggles which have been sorted out but nothing more than any other new van. We spent a week out in Belgium in Feb -17 at times with no problems at all, despite friends mhomes freezing solid. we have spent 4 weeks over the summer travelling through france and spain and find it to be a really comfortable van for the two of us and Alfie the dog. we are seriously considering full timing although not for a couple of years yet and would not hesitate in this motorhome.::bigsmile:
    • Share this post on
    • Link RemovedTwitter
    • facebook.png
      Share this
  • |

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If you can, deliver by hand, with "BY HAND" on the envelope. it worries them :winky:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=SO3...p's+Waltham+SO32+1EF,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=20

Not a bad little gaff..

This Detached Freehold property is a Non-Newbuild and is located at Three Chimneys The Hangers, Bishops Waltham, Southampton, Winchester, Hampshire. The most recent sale for this property was recorded on 16/01/2003 for £650,000.

Must we worth a £1M by now.... Must be making dosh by the bucket loads.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm afraid that you are in for a very tough uphill struggle with Marquis. I hope you have the patience of a saint, the strength of a bull elephant and the courage of a lion.
Marquis has a terrible reputation for aftersales and will lie and procrastinate for ever rather than give you the service to which you are justly entitled to.

There are 2 very unhappy customers on the 'other side' going through a much worse experience than you and have been for over a year.

I had just a mild :Sad: experience with their Southampton (Lower Upham) branch which was enough to put me off for life.
One incident says it all....water ingress from a window frame......"no problem sir we have a spare at another branch". ...."we didn't have a replacement after all but we have resealed it". No they didn't, they plastered black gunk round it and painted (!) the silver frame black, which all peeled off within a fortnight.

You have my deepest sympathy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

denpar

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki
Exp
4 years
Is this the same motorhome about which you posted this back in August..

We have a 2011 Oakmont and love it, a few minor niggles which have been sorted out but nothing more than any other new van. We spent a week out in Belgium in Feb -17 at times with no problems at all, despite friends mhomes freezing solid. we have spent 4 weeks over the summer travelling through france and spain and find it to be a really comfortable van for the two of us and Alfie the dog. we are seriously considering full timing although not for a couple of years yet and would not hesitate in this motorhome.::bigsmile:
Yep same motorhome, and i stand by my original post, i love my motorhome, it is the service from Marquis i am fed up with, what started as niggles being sorted out have turned into ongoing issues. letter written and sent to director today, will await outcome.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you have no joy, come and to us and I am sure Glenn will make you a happy bunny, any costs that we cannot recover from Autocruise you can issue a summons for in the Small Claims Court:thumb:

Peter

Apr 26, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Marquis

Sorry to hear your problems we had similar problems with the Poole branch didn't fit the extras when we asked motorhome arrived late kept fobbing us of and then found they were lieing .They wanted all the money up front when asked what if you went bust with all our money and motorhome they just shrugged their shoulders . I took it back a number of times for problems one of which the bathroom door kept opening they said they would put a plastic bracket on the outside of the door I said that's a joke he looked at me and said no I said this is a brand new swift kontiki 669 he just ginned at me . I asked him to leave my motorhome and I said I will never come back here when I returned home I found scratches to the front bumper and air vent caps left of where they had installed the televisions and tools left in the over cab bed there whole attitude is appalling we run our own business dealing with the public and would never treat our customers like that I would never go anywhere near them again.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Blimey. They really have gone T*ts up in the last 3 years, haven't they? We had FANTASTIC service from their Northampton branch when we bought Bessie.

There was a warranty issue too, and no argument had to happen. Letter from Swift, can we have it whenever? Yep.

Sorted.

Very disappointing to hear all this we've turned into Brownhills carp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back