LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
What a day. Got to my van after going through all security gates and getting mud all over me and when I pushed alarm fob to turn alarm off nothing happened ... unlocks van and alarm keeps going off... Text several Funster friends for number of Van Bitz .. they come back to me and I phone him and he says not the alarm, but is the van battery.. Turn ignition key .. he's right .. NOTHING. Battery master says leisure is 12.2 but engine is 6.6. Alarm going off all time. Phone Burstner dealers ..'you need to go to Halfords for new battery and keep receipt.' but now readings changed to 12.2 and 8 (after one hour in van) . Try engine again and nothing happens but battery master drops to 6.6. Phone Burstner where are my fuses re leisure bat transferring power to engine? They are all over everywhere but I try them all and they seem ok.. well, they look pretty colours anyway . Now a couple of hours into van. Phone Burstner again 'Can I jump start a mh as I am sure I read you shouldn't'. They say yes. Traipse all over farmer's fields looking for farmer .. he says he busy and will jump start me later. I go back to van over muddy fields. Back to van, opens bonnet to see is mice have chewed wires .. no they havn't but some b*gger has stolen my battery .. oh no they havn't it's in the van.. I phone Burstner and they say it under floor between two front seats. I have to take all my carpet up, and there are plastic carpets covering floor and TWO HUGE screws at one side. I have to empty locker looking for screwdrivers and find something but it doesn't fit. I go and find farmer, borrow a gripper thingy and then take forever unscrewing the two huge screws, cut my fingers and it doesn't make any difference to rubber mats.......... oh no... I have started to remove the driver's seat. I struggle and put the two screws back. Work out how to lift rubber mats but there are now FOUR screws but no star or slot in them, holding a metal plate... I struggle then realise an allum key is needed .. Empty locker again, peed off .. three hours into visit to van. :( Remove metal plate.. Weird. There is a big red thing on top of the battery. I go get farmer's son who brings his tractor to jump start me .. but realises his tractor is 24v and my van 12v. So I have to back and forth and get my car there and he then can't get to screw for red wire cos of the red box. Anyway, long story cut short we manage to get engine started and nos jump to 11.7 and 11.6 but with an outgoing voltage too. Going back tomorrow as garage can't fit me in until next week and if it still won't go I can't go to Shell Island. I hate computers, phone, motorhome engines and myself for my stupidity about all these things. Moan over. :( Going for cup of tea.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If its an conciliation I'm having a not so great day either!:(

equally fed up I can assure you....

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
upload_2015-8-26_18-57-58.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Oh Joy, your a better woman than me. I'm afraid I'd have no idea once the battery wasn't in the engine. I'd have just phoned the AA.
:blush:
Hope you get it sorted and make your trip to your favourite place. X

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Really hope your luck changes but i will admit i did have a little giggle.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So sorry you've had all this hassle Joy. It always happens at a bad time.

Deep breath, good night's sleep and it will be better in the morning ( hope).

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh heck Joy what a b####y nuisance! what the heck next! sending a big hug. x

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our van has jump starting points under the bonnet, the truck battery being under the passenger seat.

Now if you find that is the case with yours as well you will say some VERY blue words.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well you left Wrenbury so battery worked then, did you leave something switched on ?
Hi Brian, No. That was my first thought when the alarm fob wouldn't work ... but no... CHECKED EVERYTHING... This confirmed by the fact that the battery master outgoing figure was zero (up until the point where the engine was started) ... Nothing made sense. :( I should add that the engine battery is only about twelve months old.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Our van has jump starting points under the bonnet, the truck battery being under the passenger seat.

Now if you find that is the case with yours as well you will say some VERY blue words.
OH NO. Or maybe I should Oh yes please in case I have to do it again.... I will phone Burstner AGAIN tomorrow and find out.. Thanks for the thumbs up. :)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
With 6.6V on it you may need another.
Even if it goes up after me running the engine? :(

That worries me because as I don't know what caused it I could pay for another one and the same thing happen again.... struggling with its cost as it is. :(

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I'm having a great day!
I know, life's a bitch sometimes, and my pissed off days probably aren't far away
But hay ho, make hay while the sun shines . . . . . . . . . If only it was

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Go every week! run the bleddy thing for at least 25mins! once a month take the bleddy thing for a trot! at least 1/2 hour long!

It's just sitting there saying "

"Hey Joy, I'm keeping the alarm going honey! you ain't been to see me for XXX, Oh boy girlie I'm running out of juice here! So! where the hell are you? I'm dying here Joy !"

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Even if it goes up after me running the engine? :(

That worries me because as I don't know what caused it I could pay for another one and the same thing happen again.... struggling with its cost as it is. :(

You can get a high voltage reading but little stored electricity. And quite right you need to find out why. If you can make it to Shell Island then we can help you. I always have jumper leads.

Do you have a solar panel ?

Did you leave your fridge on battery ?

Radio on ?

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Rangi... I only dropped it off two days ago .. was at Wrenbury and the week before that at Malvern ... using it more than ever.. I'll get it sorted, as GJH says. :)

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I will phone Burstner AGAIN
Hi. Sorry to hear of your problems. I am sure someone with the same base vehicle as yours could tell you if there are jump start connectors under the bonnet. I know, as stated above, mine has but I think yours is the earlier base vehicle.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Your welcome to pop round & use the shower Joy.........
We have one in the Kitchen
We have Two in the Bathroom
& We have one in the Back room
In fact the only place we don't have one is in the living room..........
The Kitchen is the best one of the lot as it has the most Strength, its very special as its routed though the light so it will give you a good tingling shower. (y)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You can get a high voltage reading but little stored electricity. And quite right you need to find out why. If you can make it to Shell Island then we can help you. I always have jumper leads.

Do you have a solar panel ?

Did you leave your fridge on battery ?

Radio on ?
Yes, I have a solar panel which usually works amazingly well.... No I didn't leave fridge on... I emptied it. No I don't use radio because I DO struggle getting it to switch off (as per when I first got van) so I don't use it at all now. :(

Thanks for trying. :)

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
talking about invisible I have lost all my text and labels on the little boxes. I a touch typing .. can someone tell me what to do. Forget that I won't see your tet will I I ll log off and come back on. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back