February in Portugal (1 Viewer)

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We would defo be interested for the first 3 weeks of Feb. :thumb: It would be our first foray sur le continent and it would be good to have some friendly Funster faces around!! :winky:
<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="bottom"><td style="font-size: 10pt; ">
</td><td style="font-size: 10pt; ">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Have to be back here early March for trip to Maldives! ::bigsmile:

Nov 1, 2011
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
since August 2012
Portugal

Jim, we expect to be in Portugal in Feb, so put us down as a definite maybe.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well I think that's enough maybe's, I'll get to work on it and see what I can come up with:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Emailed Perdo - got no reply / went to web site - not working ------- Has he done a runner again!!!!!

he is ok john i got a reply on facebook he is still open and running ok as normal the price is 7.50 euro but he now has no shower maybe he has turned that back into a apartment but all the rest is there bar pool wifi etc :Smile:

May 29, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cheyenne 635se
Exp
since 2008
jim please put me down for it as i will be in portugal at that time thanks regards mervyn

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
We will be in that neck of the woods in February so would love to join in -------honest we are no longer the Soggies, we just carried the blame for last years crap weather

Ok then who was responsible for the last 30years rain in Todmorden?

"THE number of tourists heading to Todmorden over the summer was down on previous years as the upper Calder Valley was hit by up to four times the average amount of rainfall.
Todmorden Information Centre has reported visitor numbers were down by 100 in July as the area suffered flooding during the wettest summer in 100 years.
Official figures from the Met Office have revealed that 212.8mm of rain fell in the upper Calder Valley in June - more than four times the monthly average of 49.7mm.
Rainfall in July was 145.8mm - more than double the 69.6mm average

Homes and businesses have been flooded on several occasions and the horrendous weather appears to have kept[STRIKE] Important Tourists[/STRIKE] every bugger away, impacting on the local economy.
Jacqui Matthews, Todmorden Information Centre manager, said: “It feels like it’s been quieter.
“We had about 600 more people last year than we did this year. In July, we were down by about 100.
“The first few months of the year were pretty similar and

There have been fewer locals. They might have decided the weather is horrendous and gone abroad."
“We’ve probably had more interest from outside Todmorden.”

Last week’s rare sunny weather and the launch of the South Pennine Walk and Ride Festival has raised hopes that things might improve.
Flying Pigs were also reported over the Pennines.":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I hope to be in Portugal in Feb, so I am showing an interest Jim, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
looks like with this response i dont think pedro's would be large enough lol

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Portugal where's that then!

Hi Jim,
Is that is somewhere near Bridlington East Yorkshire, put us down as a possible for our second trip into the continent should we survive the first one next week to Poland!
Kind regards,
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
We would be interested especially as we need to go back to UK at end of Feb to retax

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Jim

Could you put Alan and I down as a possibility.

Don't usually like to make plans as I am a bit superstitious.

:Smile:

We will be taking our 2 Bichon Frise with us so let me know if camp is dog friendly.:Smile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Stick us down as possibles Jim, shop will be quiet so I may be able to drag Susan away.:thumb:

Ian

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Sounds good to us but only can only stand a couple of weeks in one location usually and must be dog friendly, just wish we had a friendly dog.

Dave Carol and Max

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Count us in!

Hi Jim,
Please add us to the Portugal extravaganza list for our first Motorhome trip over the water.

Regards Brian and Margaret from Sunny Macclesfield.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Jim,
I know I'm only a few feet from you right now :)BigGrin:) but to make it official we are definitely up for it, we will be down that way anyhow.

Pedros at Guia will be too small, Ria Formosa not far from Tavira (a cycle/train ride) and Cabanas an easy walk, had some good rates when we asked last winter.

Deleted User
Ria Formosa highly recommended but Jan/Feb usually very busy. Spent 4 months there last winter and will be there this year from Dec.

Deleted User
Thats the one, probably taken just before it opened. Very good value for month long stays, prices vary according to pitch size but lots of people use two small pitches and pay for the the next size up. Plenty of hot water in the showers( think you like that!), good cycling to Tavira, Manta Rota, Sta Luzia, Cheap beer & coffee in the bars. We like it but just a glorified car park to some of the 'wild' camping fraternity.::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
dependent on the location and accommodation I can see there being a possibility of flying out just for half term.

Looking forward to seeing what site is finally chosen.

Sunrise Explorer

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Portsmouth area
Funster No
MH
VW Nexa Pop-up van
Exp
2years
Portugal Feb. 2014

I would like to give it a go! Got to get 'Dog Passport' etc :thumb: