LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
My blasted Kindle isn't downloading books.. aaaaaaaaaaaaagh grrrrrrrrr I was on the phone for an hour with Kindle Help and they said it all sorted and it STILL not downloading :(

Any suggestions anybody please .. getting really fed up with it.

Looking forward to it .. just starting January book first.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ha... never read it and when I downloaded it thought oh blimey it was written late 1800's .. not looking forward to this.

Just on Chapter VIII . . Am lying in van on bed reading and chuckling away to myself .. (when you are solo it doesn't take much to make you chuckle;)) ... loving it .. great humour and visualisation ... ha ha ha ..

Thanks @Hils and Glenns

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hils and Glenns

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Ha... never read it and when I downloaded it thought oh blimey it was written late 1800's .. not looking forward to this.

Just on Chapter VIII . . Am lying in van on bed reading and chuckling away to myself .. (when you are solo it doesn't take much to make you chuckle;)) ... loving it .. great humour and visualisation ... ha ha ha ..

Thanks @Hils and Glenns
Glad you're having a laugh and enjoying it. Think it stands the test of time.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Will download when I can find my kindle oops.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Really enjoyed it thank you... :) Didn't expect to but found it soooo visual as I was reading it that I was chuckling away out loud...

Having said that I thoroughly enjoyed some of the serious moments and brilliant descriptions ... My kindle at my daughter's at the moment so can't copy any but there is one chapter that I found enchanting .. where a ruins of a monastery was described ..

Loved it.

What did everyone else think?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I started it as an audio-book and fell asleep. Quite a few times. Maybe I need to revert to text :cautious:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Well what can I say about Three men in a boat? I found it quite humorous reading about the antics of these chaps to such an extent I often laughed out loud. I couldn't help but visualise some of their antics, the packing, unpacking and re-packing of the essentials for their trip reminded me so much of when we first had our Moho and the discussions Allan and I had about what each of us considered essential! I did find the writing matched their personalities but as I got further into the book I seemed to lose a couple of chapters and found I began to drift and would get to the end of a chapter and have no idea what I had read. overall really enjoyable and a good giggle And definitely a book I would not have chosen myself.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well what can I say about Three men in a boat? I found it quite humorous reading about the antics of these chaps to such an extent I often laughed out loud. I couldn't help but visualise some of their antics, the packing, unpacking and re-packing of the essentials for their trip reminded me so much of when we first had our Moho and the discussions Allan and I had about what each of us considered essential! I did find the writing matched their personalities but as I got further into the book I seemed to lose a couple of chapters and found I began to drift and would get to the end of a chapter and have no idea what I had read. overall really enjoyable and a good giggle And definitely a book I would not have chosen myself.

Agree with everything you have said... I also began to wonder whether any of our members actually lived in that area, and how they found the book identified with the areas they passed through on the river. . Would be interesting to hear what they thought.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back