Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I just tried a minced beef varient...........I really liked it ......the minced beef
flows throughout in a confident predictable sort of way.....whereas the steak and kidney is fine.....but the lumps of steak are a bit shy.........and Ive never ever found a bit of kidney.

I wonder what is your favourite flavour/varient.????

Barry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Steak and Ale is my favourite closely followed by Steak and Mushroom...

but apart from chicken (which I don't eat) and kidney (which I don't eat) they are all splendid, economical and perfectly suited to motorhoming... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We always used to keep a couple on the shelf in the pantry for those little emergencies, I loved the steak and kidney but I seem to remember chicken in there somewhere, can't remember what else. Do they still make them or has JJ got a stash in a big warehouse? They keep for ever so I would imagine it might be a good investment if things start to get nasty, can't see the rioters nicking FB pies?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are off to Swanage tomorrow , so I have booked the system and bought an Aldi lookalike beef & onion 99p. This will take pride of place in the emergency cupboard next to the Vesta Beef Curry & a 2 year old bag of Hedgehog crisps!.If things get desperate i'll give it a go and let you know. I wonder if you can get a Funster discount on Rennies, Dia-calm and stomach pumps?:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We are off to Swanage tomorrow , so I have booked the system and bought an Aldi lookalike beef & onion 99p. This will take pride of place in the emergency cupboard next to the Vesta Beef Curry & a 2 year old bag of Hedgehog crisps!.If things get desperate i'll give it a go and let you know. I wonder if you can get a Funster discount on Rennies, Dia-calm and stomach pumps?:thumb:

This is sedition and will mean instant removal from my Christmas Card list...:Angry: :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We always used to keep a couple on the shelf in the pantry for those little emergencies, I loved the steak and kidney but I seem to remember chicken in there somewhere, can't remember what else. Do they still make them or has JJ got a stash in a big warehouse? They keep for ever so I would imagine it might be a good investment if things start to get nasty, can't see the rioters nicking FB pies?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On the contrary....I would think of word got out you had a large secret supply.....you could make yourself a target. :Smile:

barry

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Do Fray Bentos pies actually have flavour? Discuss

Too right they do...........the pastry is superb.........just browned on top
I find if I am lucky that parts of the pastry and still soft...sort of half cooked.
This is a true delicacy.
Perfect with some stodgy baked beans.
This thread has made me quite peckish!

barry

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
'
uncooked.. it could be used as an emergency mastic..
cooked .. it looks and tastes like wet cardboard

That's because uncooked, it IS used as emergency mastic (every boy scout should know that) and cooked it IS wet cardboard as the above mastic is cardboard based.......... seemples :thumb:

Used to quite like them myself............

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
My sources tell me the first one you tried to cook you didn't open the tin first and had some serious oven cleaning to do...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No wonder you are so anti them... :winky::winky:

Good god jj you do have a good memory

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Brilliant thread

Now I know why they were flat...... They must have people in Fray Bentos (in Uruguay) going around picking up suitably matured cow pats and simply slapping them in the tin with a bit of pastry

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Only heroes eat them :thumb:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZ9N3eeiZY&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
But if I don't bother with the fishing and the bikes (which I don't) I have more time to enjoy my pies... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back