Favourite tip/adjustment to make life easier (1 Viewer)

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
I am looking for brilliant little tips and ideas I may not know about. What is your favourite idea for storage or anything to make life in the motorhome easier. The last owner of ours seemed to love velcro its on every cupboard door and on the floor under the carpets, its OK but really hard to open some doors.

Look forward to hearing your ideas - sensible or not so ::bigsmile:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Swmbo says 'make sure hubby doesn't embark his full garage contents' ... :whatthe:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We were fed up with the blanket slipping off our shiny double sleeping bag so I stitched an old flannelette sheet to the top of the sleeping bag.

Not only did it solve that problem but I found that it also made a pocket big enough to put a single duvet in for those really cold (summer) nights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Duplicate your make-up/toiletry bag , then you dont ever forget anything.
:lipstick:

OP
OP
Lindylooj

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
I always have tinned tuna, baked beans and microwave savory rice in the storecupboad but actually like that idea for the other half, me I dont eat meat. ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think the more you can duplicate the better. Clothes, coats, sat nav etc the better. Leaves less to forget and load/ unload.

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
I am looking for brilliant little tips and ideas I may not know about. What is your favourite idea for storage or anything to make life in the motorhome easier. The last owner of ours seemed to love velcro its on every cupboard door and on the floor under the carpets, its OK but really hard to open some doors.

Look forward to hearing your ideas - sensible or not so ::bigsmile:

A corkscrew plus two spares for when they go missing after the third bottle!!!:whatthe:

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Couscous and stock cubes-no cooking required bar boiling a kettle,you can throw anything in with it and you have an instant hot,filling meal/snack.Oh and I also duplicate toiletries, hairbrush,medical kit,crocs, waterproofs,dog bowls,dog food etc. All I need to do now is establish a basic camping wardrobe and get it down to fresh food only needing to be packed. That would be good.::bigsmile:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have taken a large old towel and made anti rattle covers/pockets. For instance two pockets slip over the oven shelves. No noise. Grille tray, in a pocket. Some cups would occasionally clink together. Couple of small pockets, sorted. We had used tea towels before but sometimes ended up thinking we had used dirty ones. No confusion now and don't need to carry so many tea towels..:Smile:

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Large clear pencil cases to keep leads and cables in so they can easily be found with out getting in a tangle.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I always have tinned tuna, baked beans and microwave savory rice in the storecupboad but actually like that idea for the other half, [HI]me I dont eat meat[/HI]. ::bigsmile:

Are you ACTUALLY suggesting that FB pies contain MEAT.......................Lumpy Gravy Maybe but MEAT,

.........................wash your mouth out.;:thumb:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Sticky-backed felt pads, available in a bag of mixed sizes from Poundland (and other good stores). :roflmto:

Use them at strategic points on cupboard doors etc to stop rattles when travelling, and make closing softer/quieter when in ordinary use. Often cut them smaller than supplied - frequently only require a discreet little pad to do the job. :thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Are you ACTUALLY suggesting that FB pies contain MEAT.......................Lumpy Gravy Maybe but MEAT,

.........................wash your mouth out.;:thumb:

As someone else pointed out the Steak and Kidney FB pie does say on the tin that it is suitable for vegetarians !

barry:Smile:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I keep a duplicate full set of underwear in the motorhome enough for a long trip.
After all whats the cost of a pair of pants and a pair of socks !

barry:Smile:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Take your dustbin to the supermarket. It saves you having to write a shopping list as it will remind you what you've used up over the week :ROFLMAO:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
To store more things in your fridge! Cut the top off a plastic water bottle leaving cap and screw thread; fill plastic bag with opened item to store (eg baked beans, soup, tuna, &c) poke top of bag up through top of cut off bottle top - press bag over screw thread and screw back on top. Place in fridge along with loads of similar bags.

No washing machine - using a cool box place lightly soiled garments in box along with a small anount of water (hot or cold to suit), some washing powder and replace lid. Place box in shower room and drive to next destination, motion of mh will activate water, soap and clothes; rinse out on arrival at destination and dry in normal manner. When not used as a washing machine cool box can be used for storage or as a cool box.

Norman and Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back