Favourite campsites in Southern Spain? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am sure there has been but they are actually pretty boing as just about everyone comes to the same conclusion and we all migrate to the same place .. Pinar San Jose in Zahora ( about 30 miles south of Cadiz, very close to Trafalgar point

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I thought a lot about this question as there are so many places I absolutely cannot get enough of.
If I say which is best, there will not be enough space for me to return but I do like Torre del Mare (this is a town not a camp-site)

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
... and of course, it depends on exactly what each individual wants from a campsite, apart from pristine loo blocks and so forth, doesn't it?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
... and of course, it depends on exactly what each individual wants from a campsite, apart from pristine loo blocks and so forth, doesn't it?

Indeed it does Jenny! :winky:

And I think I know which site Alan likes at Torre del Mar...

Mike

Last edited:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I thought a lot about this question as there are so many places I absolutely cannot get enough of.
If I say which is best, there will not be enough space for me to return but I do like Torre del Mare (this is a town not a camp-site)

Alan

Second that:roflmto:

Deleted User
Los Escullos,San Jose, Almeria.

Site......satisfactory/good

Location and surroundings.......stunning.

Not for everyone and not the best without some form of transport.

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Tarifa is a beautiful site, north east of Algeciras. Shade trees , free wifi, easy access to a beautiful beach with views of North Africa ,ACSI reduction, fresh bread every morning, nice restaurant. Also Castillios da Banos and Los Palmeras all have the same high standard of facilities but they are off the A7 much further along the Med coast towards France. We used all three and several others last year.

OP
OP
D

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Many thanks for all the fascinating replies. I'd be interested to hear even more of peoples fabourites !!:roflmto:
Cheers
David

JonMac46

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2013
Pinar San Jose and Los Escullos are in my top three, but at the very top is La Bellavista, Manilva. Very good site in an excellent location. The local restaurants!!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You should have spotted my post on Villasol by now.

For a quieter location, Cap Blanche, L'Abia about 10m N of Benidorm. Right on the beach and good cycling along the front.

You may have potted a thread on Camping Garrofa, Almeria I started a few weeks ago when there, an amazing location.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've looked Brian - Yeah even searched - but can't find your thread.

Was intrigued by Los Escullos, whilst trawling the web concerning San J, I noticed that you can't drive your car along to Genoveses or Monsul (beaches) now! How very dare they. The drive through the prickly pear plantation was a highlight of the area! (and some friends were asked if they'd mind awfully staying just where they were (ie nicely out of shot) for the next hour or so whilst on Monsul beach years ago; apparently they were filming The Lion in Winter at the time and didn't think the archetypal Midlands 1970's family on their holidays, would be appropriate to the period.)

We always said they ought to build a marina at San J ........ :Doh:

Deleted User
They have definitely made changes at the beaches near to San Jose but it is still possible to drive there out of season. We were there in November and only went as far as Genoveses and the car park there was open but apparently some of the other car parks had been chained off and cars towed away for parking on the road. I suspect this was in Sept or early October though, saw no signs of officialdom whilst we were there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back