Favourite Beers (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Autralian Coopers Real Ale, made in a backyard Brewery in St Stephen in Brannel, works out @ 48p per pint.

Same "Brew Miester" also turns out Beetroot Wine and has just started a new line of Parsnip Dessert Wine:thumb:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
If you like a blond, hoppy beer try most of the brews from Phoenix Brewery (Heywood, not That London). Arizona is an obvious one or Spotland Gold, which was produced to mark the centenary of Rochdale FC (Up The Dale). If you prefer something a little darker, sample Wobbly Bob at 6% ABV

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Another

Another I'm quite partial to is 'Deuchars' brewed by Caledonian. When I first sampled it I thought it might have been German (going by the name) but was informed by the barman that it was Scottish.

Very pale in colour and almost Lager like. Draught is best.

Rob

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Cyprus

We often do an all inclusive week in Cyprus where Keo is on tap from 08:00 to 23:30 each day. I like Keo too. When I get fed up with beer then Aphrodite Cypriot wine is a good substitute. ::bigsmile:

Very fond of Cyprus. Usually rented a villa in Pissouri and would love to go back. Keo Brandy is very good too. It was recommended before we first went to try 'Brandy Sours' needless to say - very,very nice.
:Smile:

Rob

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
After a Few You'd believe it

beer_57327.jpg
Potbelly Brewery Kettering Northants:ROFLMAO:

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
For cheap and cheerful weekend curry/bbq fodder we stock up on 33 Export before returning from France, with a few packs of Leffe Blonde thrown in for special occasions. I can't remember the last time I bought English beer for home use.

Link Removed is surprisingly nice given its 12% ABV - I know some of the stronger lagers can taste a bit rough but this one somehow seems to body swerve all that. Worth a tipple.

yep cant fault that export 33 is a good beer i also like to return with a few beers from france. i also dont buy much english beer home brew for me mainly ive control what goes into that and how old it is before drinking

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Over the years I have drank very many great beers unfortunately I cant remember many of their names as I have always ended up too drunk! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

London Pride is always a good starter, followed by Theakston Old Peculiar, Black Sheep Bitter, this week I have had some Bateman's (Lincolnshire) bitter, if you ever find Vale Bitter from Buckinghamshire its great very wheaty and tasty. Then there is Wadsworth Henry and the huge variety from Badgers........I could go on ::bigsmile:

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Funny thing as a young squaddie I only ever drank lager, primarily because you could get a decent drink in most countries (except the obvious ones of course) as I matured so did my taste buds and at 40 I found the taste for real ale (prompted by a visit to the Red Shoot Micro Brewrey in Ringwood) now we live in Germany I really enjoy German Beer no chemical stuff and my favourite is Warsteiner although I enjoy a Hobgoblin when I get home.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I remember being parked up one night outside a site that was the old Chelsea marina in about 1985 and going in a pub and I am fairly sure it was called the

Ferret and firkin hanging in a basket on a balloon
A worlds end brewery pub
And getting absolutely wasted on this horrible flat headless looking rubbish
But after about 4 pints tasted rather good so more was called for
I ended up Kipping in back of van remember the hang over well enough

Is it still there I wonder

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
I remember being parked up one night outside a site that was the old Chelsea marina in about 1985 and going in a pub and I am fairly sure it was called the

Ferret and firkin hanging in a basket on a balloon
A worlds end brewery pub
And getting absolutely wasted on this horrible flat headless looking rubbish
But after about 4 pints tasted rather good so more was called for
I ended up Kipping in back of van remember the hang over well enough

Is it still there I wonder

Worlds End pub was still there last year but not sure its still called the Ferret and Firkin there was a group of Ferkin pubs all over London and they were always good!

Just found this bloody big brewers bought the chain!

http://www.goodbeergoodpubs.co.uk/articles/what-happened-to-the-firkin-pubs/

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Kimberly bitter, served at the knob softeners arms, Kimberly, Notts. Don't know the real name of the pub, but it's what we all called it.

Craig

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi Robelee if you ever get to westminster get to the prince of wales pub and try a pint of flat cap. Brewed in Bolton by bank top brewery. Somebody i know from bolton was there not long ago and said it was on tap. I hope they did not ruin it by pouring it with no head:Doh:. It probaly wont be the same as it is from there own pub but is certaintly worth a try. I personally know the brewers and when the beer was launched a few years ago Fred Dibnah was invited to the opening and originally it was called Freds cap. But Allegedly once his wife got to realise what a success it was she wanted " royalties":Angry:. Fred was not bothered he just liked a good pint and was happy to put his name to it [Poor old Fred God rest his soul]:Sad: . The Micro brewery is a big success and they brew quite a lot of different beers and have won quite a lot of awards . They also have a good sense of humour as a lot of there beers are very strong. The only problem i have with it is when i call in to there pub on the way home from work is that a pint is not enough:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Learned to like Wadworths 6X soon after my arrival in Bristol, but as a canal narrow-boater I came across the best.... well, what do you think, given our surname? Sadly not normally available locally, but we have some friends who manage to squeeze a few bottles into their MH or RV.:drink::drink:
Bob and Di Banks
www.parcverger.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back