Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
My Nozarec arrived yesterday.

There was no residual charge so I plugged in the mains charger....

With the charger plugged in the screen cycles through blank, a pic of a battery with very low charge then the screen turning white with horizontal lines breaking it up.

It does not appear to be charging at all although the red charging light is illuminated.

I can't believe it's supposed to be like that unless anyone can tell me different?(n)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It certainly looks like it's faulty.

When mine is plugged in to the mains but not switched on the picture of the battery comes up and cycles through four red blocks as it is charging. Once it is charged the four blocks are all steady. I've not seen the screen turn white with horizontal lines.

I would arrange to return it for replacement if I were you.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@GJH
While you were replying I have tried the unit again, this time in the Motorhome, with the in-car charger. All appears well. I have the usual picture of a battery charging up then the screen switches into sleep mode but it appears to be still charging OK.

I have read somewhere on here that the mains chargers are the weak point and suspect it is a charger fault.

I am taking the M-H out this morning to have a minor fault looked at so will keep the in-car charger operating and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Right. Definitely points to a mains charger fault. If you have a plug that a USB cable (with mini USB end for the tablet) can be inserted into then you could try that to prove it and just arrange for a replacement charger.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@GJH

Thanks again. I have tried the unit after a charge via the car charger and it boots up OK showing the icons. I haven't tried to set it up yet but I have e-mailed the supplier requesting a replacement mains charger.

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back