Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hi there

Can any one perhaps give advice on my cruise control, it was fitted by Brownhills approx 2yrs ago. It is cable retro fitted on Swift Kontiki 2005/2.8JTD, never has been perfect but now does not seem capable of holding the speed up hills or accelerate, and will not engage at lower speeds.
It seems as if the cruise control is not powerful enough to operate the accelerator pedal. I might put a disclaimer here, that I do use cruise control on my car and knows how it should work.
Any sensible advice would be welcome as I suspect it's going to be an expensive repair.

Many thanks for looking

OP
OP
pwilmo

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Cruise Control Update

Hi just a quick update for others with a similar problem

I have given up DIY repair and taken the motorhome for repair to Conrad Anderson, Birmingham. They were very friendly and accommodating, I stayed overnight on their premises and was the first appointment of the next morning. Very professional and quick-it was sorted in 40mins (apparently it had not been set up properly in the first place ).
It works a dream now, better than when I first had it! all done and road tested in 1hr ... cost £50, well pleased!
I enjoyed a comfortable cruise controlled drive back to Norfolk.

Thanks to all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back