Fault on Thetford Fridge (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since April 2011
We have a 2 yr old MH, last weekend the fridge stopped working on ehu, showing error code of 1. This is ac less than 75% of expected, or something similar.

I can't get anyone to look at it until mid June, we are going away end of June for 3 weeks so I really need to get it fixed.

I did phone the local Thetford service agent. The guy was totally positive that I just take off the vents, disconnect the 230v and 12v, wait three hours then reconnect and it will be fixed.

Has anyone come across this before? It's a Thetford N175.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Doesn't the error code suggest the supply volts were too low for the fridge? Try another power supply

OP
OP
Philh
Jan 22, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since April 2011
I thought this was the case at the site we were at. When I plugged in at home same fault code.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Fridge

Hi

Same bother a few months ago.

Right, here goes.

Switch the frigge on to AUTO setting, does it go on to gas? If so, leave it on gas for a couple of hours, with the thermostat turned to the coldest setting.

After a couple of hours, alter the temperature setting to the least cold and then manually, ask the fridge to give you power from electric rather than gas. Do you have an error code now?

If NO, then turn the thermostat slowly to the coldest setting again. Do you have an error code now? If YES, I suspect your electric element has gone.

That is what happened with mine. It would work on gas, and once at the right temperature, the gas turned off and it defaulted to electric. Even thought it was unable to use electric, it did not matter as it did not need to - it was cold enough. Half hour later when it needed cooling again - you have guessed it - flashing LED and then over to gas.

A mobile lad fitted mine for me.

Russell

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If you are still having problems after trying all the above solutions then give Thetford a call direct. ....I found them very helpful and they put part in post immediately.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back