Fault on Thetford Fridge

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Philh, May 16, 2013.

1. Philh

Philh Funster

We have a 2 yr old MH, last weekend the fridge stopped working on ehu, showing error code of 1. This is ac less than 75% of expected, or something similar.

I can't get anyone to look at it until mid June, we are going away end of June for 3 weeks so I really need to get it fixed.

I did phone the local Thetford service agent. The guy was totally positive that I just take off the vents, disconnect the 230v and 12v, wait three hours then reconnect and it will be fixed.

Has anyone come across this before? It's a Thetford N175.

2. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

Doesn't the error code suggest the supply volts were too low for the fridge? Try another power supply

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philh

Philh Funster

I thought this was the case at the site we were at. When I plugged in at home same fault code.

4. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Fridge

Hi

Same bother a few months ago.

Right, here goes.

Switch the frigge on to AUTO setting, does it go on to gas? If so, leave it on gas for a couple of hours, with the thermostat turned to the coldest setting.

After a couple of hours, alter the temperature setting to the least cold and then manually, ask the fridge to give you power from electric rather than gas. Do you have an error code now?

If NO, then turn the thermostat slowly to the coldest setting again. Do you have an error code now? If YES, I suspect your electric element has gone.

That is what happened with mine. It would work on gas, and once at the right temperature, the gas turned off and it defaulted to electric. Even thought it was unable to use electric, it did not matter as it did not need to - it was cold enough. Half hour later when it needed cooling again - you have guessed it - flashing LED and then over to gas.

A mobile lad fitted mine for me.

Russell

• Like Like x 1
  5. icantremember

icantremember Funster

If you are still having problems after trying all the above solutions then give Thetford a call direct. ....I found them very helpful and they put part in post immediately.