Faroe Islands No Go (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Soon to board the ferry DIRECT to Iceland from Denmark.It stops enroute in the Faroe Islands where we had planned to visit but had to rebook our ticket at the last minute due to the van insurance not covering the islands.
The annoying part is that we are with Equity Red Star through the CCC and the operator explained that a organised group with the CCC are insured but I can not go as a individual.
It has cost us £210 to change our ticket to a direct journey instead of the original plan.I should have confirmed cover but knowing I am covered for Denmark and the islands are Danish it seemed the same as being insured for the UK and using the Isle of Wight.Spoke to friends who have done the trip before and they assumed cover and suggested ignorance is bliss.
Dont see why they cover a group but not their individual customer.Will be writing a complaint on our return.
P.s The first line in their booklet says "Our promise to you is to provide a first class service" !!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I'm afraid ignorance is not bliss.
If you need to claim, they will say you're not covered, so what was the point in buying the cover to start with?
The other side of the coin, when I go to Morocco, I get a backpackers insurance, and they include Morocco in their European cover.
They probably have a block policy in place that covers any of their trips.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back