Fantastic meet at hagger's bring and buy (1 Viewer)

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Just wanted to say thank you to Paul and Nikki, Graham and Jean and all the other funsters who helped make this such a fantastic weekend.
We were not quite the last to arrive ( at the wrong gate!) on Friday but we had a very warm welcome from the marshalls before going to the pub for the fish and chip supper.
Afterwards entertainment with much music and time to catch up.
Saturday was the great sale day. Drat! Too late for Roadrunner's and Jaws's tables.
Note to self for next year- don't dither -buy it!
Brian had the contents of last weeks car boot but even he was topped by Bigfoot who had brought THE KITCHEN SINK!
Ukele lessons in the afternoon, (thank you Janine and the others) after catching up with everyone and the great Funsters hand crafted feast in the evening::bigsmile:.
WHO MADE THAT CARROT CAKE? IT WAS TO DIE FOR...
Much singing and then snoring till it was time to do the bacon butties on Sunday with Paul and Nikki.
(Sian, your hens lay beautiful eggs for those of us who cant eat bacon:Smile:).
We didn't want to leave.
Thanks to Paul and Nikki, Graham and Jean for a fabulous weekend. Can't wait for next year.
Lucille

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, we are now home from a wonderful weekend. Didn't join in on all the eventing, due to us having last minute company. Although we were all invited to join in. Thank you Paul.
However it was still brilliant. As usual thou weather turned glorious on the day of packing up. Once again big thank you to Paul & Nikki, Graham & Jean for all your hard efforts. well worth it guys xx
As usual, great to see old friends and meet new ones

love n hugs
Andrea & Jeff
xx

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes well done Paul & Nikki and crew you deserve a big pat on the back for putting on such a good event.
To anyone that hasn't yet attended one, DO !, you won't be disappointed.
It was good to see familiar faces again and likewise to meet funsters we hadn't yet met.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Just got back.
had a great weekend,and all well organised by haggers & co cheers:thumb:
great location and good site.
again cheers paul and co:thumb:

cheers chris

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, massive up to all concerned !!

Well done to Paul and Nikki and everyone else who kept the name of FUN right up there !!:thumb:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Thank you

Apart from saying a very big thank you to Paul, Nicky, Graham & Jean for making us so welcome on our first outing with you "Funsters", Roger & I have a few more thank you's to say.

To Nigel Rick & one or two more gents who came along to help and advise on finding out we had a major problem with our 5th wheel trailer. We were really grateful for everything you were all very kind.

On seeing smoke coming from our trailer a lovely couple (I believe they came from Wales) followed us from where they came upon us to make sure we arrived safely, thank you so much.

Since I turned sixty a few years ago I am getting hopeless with names :Doh:so can I say a big thank you once again to all concerned, much appreciated.

Our grandchildren had a ball, Lauren never had so much freedom to come and go as she pleased, we have never been anywhere to let her do this. Even Danny made a little friend too which was great.

Could not mix muich on this occasion due to having kids with us but we will be a little more free to walk around and have a natter at the Northern Motorhome SHow.

Once again Thank you everybody, the old saying is very true in your case "A stranger is a friend you do not know".:thumb:

Last edited:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
As already said by others a great weekend at Wrenbury, decided at last minute to attend this meet and glad we did, thanks to Paul (haggers) Nikki, Graham and Jean for setting it all up and placing us in our straight lines (CC rules of course), the sun eventually came out today and did'nt want to go home, but some of us need to go to work tomorrow, hope the next meet is soon.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Had a grate week end meet old and new funsters and thanks to paul and nikki for all the work they put in to it:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Beyond the call of duty. The only way to describe Nikki's effort.

To motivate Paul to put that much effort into the meet using only a Size 9 industrial bull whip and tales of Old Lesbos is beyond belief.

Thank you Nikki.

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Just want to reiterate whats already been said. It was our first Funster meet and made very welcome, it certainly wont be our last. Thanks to everyone who made it happen and especially Paul who provided the micro climate as promised.:thumb::thumb:

CURLYCORNFLAKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
North of Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
what you missed

thanks for a superb weekend even though I bought more than we sold.
What did you miss well Haggers in a rather fetching costume which I'll leave others to post the photos and the great baritone voice of our leader Jim plus a fantastic musical quintet as well as a great buffet superb bacon butties and all.
Well done Paul and Nikki

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well, Nikki and I are back too.
I have arrived home, jumped in the bath and then took off for work. Can no tbelieve how busy it looks like I am going to be, so sleep looks like tomorrow morning for me. :cry:

We left the field about 6-30 leaving a few vans there basking in the sun that I ordered and some of you doubted would arrive.

I have so many thank you's to say, but really a massive thank you to all of you whom attended and made it such a great time. There were 51 vans in total, some new funsters, some old funsters and just well, some funsters.

Friday nights cocktails went down a treat and it was great to have the pavillion to use when the little bit of rain arrived as I promised. Many had fish and chips some missed out. This was due to some funsters filling out the form saying that they did not want fish and chips and then when arriving decided that they did. So sorry Eddie (family guy) the funsters got your fish.

Saturday- The rain stopped about 10 am as I promised it would and the bring and buy started, Watching Bryan (aka Bryan & Suzy) in action was a joy to behold. It was great when the Lucy (the hutchies) said that the kids had been on there way to the bring and buy wandering what Brian would have for sale this year. And then watching Bryan get the kids out working, selling his things for him like some Fagan charachter was great. However seeing my own flesh and blood parade round in a Pink dressing gown with a for sale sign attached to him was a little bit of a shock to say the least. However he was just proving he had a direct sales plan and low and behold it worked.
Seeing some of the stuff for sale was great, I bought a little cadac and sold my big cadac, (without Nikki's permission ouch!!) sold over dozen pairs of pyjamas.

Saturday Night---- was a great night. The sun came out and the tempreture really heated up. Luckily I managed to shift the funsters in to the paviliion to prevent them from UV rays. The food offered up, again was fantastic, Paella's to the Des & Donna special salami and no one went hungry. A good old fashioned army sing song ensured, led by Jim, with Sian on a chair and something about a mountain.
Prizes were presented to Bryan and Motorhoming Rick by my self in a fetching pink all in one suit, which cut me where it shouldn't :cry:

Sunday--Bacon baps were provided and the funsters fed and watered before, some brave fit funsters set off on the dog walk, leaving the rest to recover from Saturday nights antics. Led by the ever energetic Carl 65 whom appeared to be on a race to get the 2.5 miles completed as quickly as possible and smash the funster dog walk record. Personally I think he was a bit scared by the scare crows :winky: that as per usual were out in there numbers, made by the people of Wrenbury.

So all in all we thoroughly enjoyed it, and the enjoyment outweighed the stress of setting it all up and attempting to get it to run as smoothly as possible.

Thanks to Nigel and Pam for the shelters, Jean and Graham for assisting Nikki and I and cooking me breakfast when I was lonesome, Lucile for buttering all the rolls and Sian for helping Nikki set a few things up.

So untill next year, get saving those unwanted purchases and we look forward to welcoming you back to Wrenbury.:thumb:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
As always a fantastic weekend, a great big thank you to all who helped in the organising.
For next year Patrick needs to improve his navagational skills, we left late for the dog walk and tagged along with Pat and Eddie. Somewhere along the route, we went the wrong way. But never mind we still had a nice walk, not sure Jake would agree. All topped of with a wonderful Sunday Roast in the Cotton Arms.

Also must say thanks to Bryan and Lisa for letting me drool over there M/H.

Andy

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We enjoyed every minute and it was so hard to leave today, finally managed it at around 6:30pm got home at 10:30pm

Paul, Nikki, Graham and Jean, what a team:Smile: We had a really lovely weekend, we appreciate the hard work and organising that went into making it such a success - Thank you :clap::clap::clap:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
What a fantastic weekend!

Huge thank you to Nikki, Paul, Jean and Graham! :thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

On the way home Jake asked if he can go to next year's meet!! I think he enjoyed himself!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just to add our thanks to all the others, it was a great weekend.

We are still here & the weather is getting better so no going home yet. :sin::sin::sin:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I heartily agree with all the comments of thanks. What a superb w/e!
We have always been wary of rallies,after having bad expe`iences with a couple organised by the CC and C&CC,especially the CC which we went with my brother who took his caravan. It was in 1982 whwn I had bought my first built camper,a nice VeeDub and decided to join,we went to a rally at Oulton Park and firdtly could'nbt picth with my brother and was meant to feel like a leper!:Angry: That put me off until 20 odd years later when I bought my first Hymer and went with a chum with his van to a C&CC meet-Horror that clinched it for me! :Angry: I flirted with camping with the Darkside at last years Northern Show:Angry:With some trepidation,and only because I had some stuff to sell-What have I been missing. Good company, nice to put some faces to the names,Paul and co were very nice and welcoming and the site was so good we're going back for a w/e in 2 weeks time. The social side was excellent,now trying to persuade the memsahib to let me have a uke!
Well done to all and many t hanks.:thumb:
BTW Lucille the carrot cake was mine yes mine a blokes I'll send you the recipe if you like.

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks a million for accepting my extremely late "booking". Great weekend. Lots of thought and preparation made it go so well. Shame about the pink pyjamas!

Cheers

Peter S

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Paul & Nikki

Graham & Jean

:thanks2::clap::beer::hug::thanks2::clap::beer::hug::thanks2::clap::beer::hug:​
Well as per usual a great fun filled weekend in a superb location, so well planned in went like clockwork so smooth and such a organized meet, :thanks2:

A big thank you to also to Nigel who gave up most of Friday:Blush: taking my genni apart and putting back like new, was due to sell this weekend but as Nigel had done such a superb job fixing it and bringing it back to life it now will stay with me, :thumb:

the walk was great i had a spring in my step Sunday morning after a bacon bap and thought well its time to work of the bacon bun and give the strole a go again it is such a lovely walk for those who did not go you missed a nice walk.

Joe landlord of the Cotton arms also needs a thank you as they seemed to bend over to every need we had, so thanks to the pub staff and management for all there efforts all weekend to allow us to use there facilities, and should i mention the food !! go on then it was to die for the Sunday lunch was superb fish and home made fries were great toooo

over all we had the best time with so many nice people and chilled out all weekend thanks Paul for your hard work and superb efforts all weekend (and Nikki )

So Much hope year 4 does happen !!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Everybody has said it all :roflmto:

Please add our thanks for a great meet, we really appreciate all the effort you put in to make it that way.

Saturday night was especially fun from the food, the entertainment to Paul's fashion show and late night debate/ discussion :Cool:

We look forward to next year :thumb:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Another stonking weekend - thank you Paul, Nikki & everyone who made it just perfect!

Made some new friends and met up with some old ones; it's lovely to be surrounded by happy, smiley people for 5 days.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Another stonking weekend - thank you Paul, Nikki & everyone who made it just perfect!

Made some new friends and met up with some old ones; it's lovely to be surrounded by happy, smiley people for 5 days.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

well you made it possible as well Janine, I even heard kids saying, "shall we go to the ukelee Lady"

cxer57

Free Member
Mar 18, 2009
near shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
13 years
A big thank you to Paul, Nikki and the team for putting on such a great weekend.
Will look out for next years dates.

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
we would like to say a big thank you to Paul and Nikki for a great weekend, We enjoyed it loads, with plenty to do especially the walk on sunday. Looking forward to next year already. Gaz and Julie

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Just got back from an absolutely fabulous five days organised by Haggers and Nikki, thank you both so much. Paul, you can be my Boss anytime, even though you are a hard task master, lol.
We may be 'Tuggers' (for now!) but the welcome we received was something else. It was lovely to see old friends and make new ones too. Oh well, that just about fills the last few dates on the calendar for the remainder of the year visiting new friends rallies.

To all those who purchased the Show Offer 'nick-knack PADDLE WHACKS. Please remember the warranty expires on the 10,000th 'flap'. All 'flaps' after this time are entirely at your own risk, though replacements from Turkey are on their way, lol. :Rofl1 It was said that the nine sold in the Pavilion were causing a draft that was equal to a force 10 gale.

Friday night in the Pavilion was great and Nikki's three flavours of cocktails were enjoyed by all. Her home-made cakes were awesome.
Saturday night entertainment by the banjos, accompanied by Rex on drums and Jean on tamborine was enjoyed by all and the food range produced by all the Funsters was a treat to behold.
Sunday morning bacon rolls, followed by a doggy walk, with three visible dogs and 10 invisible ones was fun and worked up a nice thirst for everone to visit the Cotton Arms to enjoy Joe and wife's food and drink. Thank you both for feeding us hungry Funsters all weekend. If anyone is in the area you really NEED to taste their delicious food.
Thanks everyone for your company and making it fab weekend and especially to Paul & Nikki for the weekend. :thumb:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
thanks

a very big thanks
to paul Nikki and jean and Gray
for all the effort thay put into making this yearly meet extra special
and to every one else for putting up with us (Kidd's awake at 5 AM ):cry:
so heres to next year :thumb:

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Big thank you to paul n nicky jean & Grey
we had a fab time nice to catch up with old and new friends
stomach was aching after laughing that much on saturday nite
we really enjoyed ourselfs
thanks again :thumb: :thumb:
lisa & brian

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Well, finally arrived home this afternoon after a detour through the peak district (don't ask!)

What can be said that has not been said already. A massive thank you to Paul and Nikki, with very able assistance from Graham and Jean.

When things go this well it is easy to underestimate the time invested by Paul and Nikki, but it is down to their hard work that we all had the opportunity to enjoy ourselves so much.

It was good to see old friends, and meet new funsters as well.

Stuart and Clare

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
a very big thanks
to paul Nikki and jean and Gray
for all the effort thay put into making this yearly meet extra special
and to every one else for putting up with us (Kidd's awake at 5 AM ):cry:
so heres to next year :thumb:

Eddie you can park next to us anytime, 5am wakeup :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can get my own back on them when we are singing on return back to the van at bedtime :thumb::thumb:

Eddie you have a lovely family :thumb::thumb:

Big Thank You from us also to Nikki , Paul, Jean n Graham , we had a fabulous weekend which ended too quickly as time flies by when you are enjoying yourself, also the wonderful fish n chips at the pub and Nikki's lovely cocktails and cakes

Lovely to put faces to names and meet up with old friends

John would like to thank hilldweller / Brian for returning to Wrenbury with his motorcycle for John to take out for a spin , which now seems we will be buying a M/Cycle rack just in case :thumb::thumb: yes Brian he is still grinning x

Kath n John x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back