Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
Hi,
I could do with some help with 3 queries/problems I have.

1. I cant get the Fanmaster heating going on my new baby :cry:
It has a 240v socket to it which is fine. I have pressed the reset on the right hand side and this was fine.
I have put the controller to fan and elec slow, with the dial on full but it does nothing. The selection led's just flash whichever one is selected.
Am I missing something, or is it likely the main board needs replacing ?
I cant get the old gas fire to light either, but dont think this should effect it should it ? I have no manuals so am guessing at all this.

2. The fridge has power (rocker switch light up green) and I can light it on gas, but I hear no motor and it doesnt seem to be getting cold.

3. The water heater is making piping hot water via the mains without the "cascade 2" switch in the on position. Is this switch just used for gas operation ? When I switch this on (with mains on as well) it lights green, then goes to red. Can anyone advise the correct operation for this ?

I have the motorhome connected to the mains.

It is quite likely that the van has been stood for a long time, is there anything that may have stuck ?

Ticking them jobs off one by one ! :thumb:

Heres some images of the offending articles to help identify which models etc.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I can't help with the fanmaster but
2. A 3way fridge doesn't have a motor so you won't hear one. Give it a while to get cold (say an hour)
3. The switch on the carver water heater is just for gas, there should be a switch for mains elsewhere which usually is just a domestic type switch with a neon indicator. The green light which changes to red indicates that the gas has not lit, try it a few times but if it continues and you have gas it looks like the thing is faulty. Do check there isn't a gas shut off valve somewhere that is closed first.

Just a point with the fanmaster, it will only blow hot if the heater (which you can't light) is working. It is basically just a fan to circulate hot air though it does have an electric heating element. Check the mains fuse as if this is blown the lights on the control panel (which is 12v powered) will still work.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
when you light the fridge on gas you should see the flame in the sight hole (bottom rear inside fridge) if you put your hand over the outlet (outside of the van) you should feel it is hot if the fridge stays warm it may need re-gassing

onn12 volt it will only work when the power is coming for the engine it will not work on the leisure battery.

hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jaykay

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
when you light the fridge on gas you should see the flame in the sight hole (bottom rear inside fridge) if you put your hand over the outlet (outside of the van) you should feel it is hot if the fridge stays warm it may need re-gassing

onn12 volt it will only work when the power is coming for the engine it will not work on the leisure battery. :thumb:thanks, didnt realise this.

hope this helps

The fridge has been on for a few hours, and doesnt seem to be getting cold. The vent outside is also cold so it looks like a regass may be in order ?
Any idea on cost and where to get done ? Is it best to remove fridge and take somewhere ?

I have had it lit on gas, and could see thro the viewhole.

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You will be VERY lucky to find someone to regas a fridge. They are full of amonia and its not allowed any more. Try taking it out and turn it upside down overnight and keep giving it a turn. If your lucky you will hear the amonia gurgling and remixing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back