LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
We have just returned from a lovely 3 month trip to Morocco and if all goes well we shall be there again for 4 months next winter, we crossed on the Tangier Med it's a lovely new port and the trip over is just one hour, we had non of the touts trying to get money from you for helping with your paper work, as we did at Cueta and the old Tangier port when we went before, we then went straight on to the motorway and had a very easy trip all the way to Agadir, last year when we stopped at the port in Essuara we were charged 40 dirhams a night and this year Marakesh site was 70 dirhams, the Atlantica Park site near Taghazout charged 90 dirhams dropping to 80 after something like 15 days, 50 dirhams at Sidi Ifni, so that gives you a clue on prices when we were leaving we saw masses of wild campers on the beach at Taghazoute and even the water tanker was delivering to them. bambi2

:ROFLMAO: Hi how much is that in real money :ROFLMAO:

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
10 dirham is about 75p, so 100 hirham is £7.50

We're on our way home after a Desert Detour trip of Morocco (yeah yeah!) - and there is so much more than the atlantic coast to see. We didn't go as south as Agadir which, I understand, south of Essouria is more wild-camp friendly than the areas we covered.

Our country review is http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/country-facts/morocco/ which may be of use, and from there you can see roughly the route we took and what we saw. Worth a read if researching if nothing else. (Our view is from our expierence)

Also, in the next couple of weeks I'll be ebaying a load of Morocco guide books (and dirhams)

We loved the place - especialy the inland hidden villages etc

Edit to add: No feeling/vibe at all of any political unrest. Morocco is very very different to other nations in NA.

ellabella

Free Member
Mar 29, 2011
llandudno. North Wales
Funster No
MH
hymer Swift 544
Exp
1 year
morocco etc for winter

Yes I woud be very interested, depends what, where, when and how long for. dogs in kennels or what etc. Please keep me posted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Pamala and Nigel we are also interested in joining this trip...

We would prob be one of those that have to return sooner though as not being in the position to take 6 months off due to work, dogs etc

John n Kath

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi John n Kath
We don't plan to be in Morocco that long--2 to 3 months, depends how we get on, aiming for early Feb. onwards. If all goes to plan--yeah right !!!!---we would like to meet-up in Southern Spain----short run to ferry.
Still have to watch the situation in Arab Countries !!!!!!!
We have quite a few vans interested in the run---but we reckon 10 split into 2 groups would work ok.
Nigel

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi John n Kath
We don't plan to be in Morocco that long--2 to 3 months, depends how we get on, aiming for early Feb. onwards. If all goes to plan--yeah right !!!!---we would like to meet-up in Southern Spain----short run to ferry.
Still have to watch the situation in Arab Countries !!!!!!!
We have quite a few vans interested in the run---but we reckon 10 split into 2 groups would work ok.
Nigel
You taking one and Pamela the other:thumb:
Id go with your Mrs I know where my eggs are sunny side up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Me thinks it will be the trip of a lifetime, been there done that, cant wait to do it again, wish we could join you this time but alas the four letter word
Geo

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
You taking one and Pamela the other:thumb:
Id go with your Mrs I know where my eggs are sunny side up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Me thinks it will be the trip of a lifetime, been there done that, cant wait to do it again, wish we could join you this time but alas the four letter word
Geo

If Pamala took one group, mine would end up in Norway--or --??????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:-----she is my sat-nav !!!!
(you creep)::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Nigel

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Yes, but true,

Neil never knows where his going unless I tell him:ROFLMAO:

sounding good, looks like you have a bit of interest going on.

Pat

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Pat
it's a long way off yet, but we are afraid that we may have more than we are comfortable with-------that will give us added problems-----one way or another:Doh::Doh:
How is progress with your travel wagon ?????
Nigel & Pamala

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Nigel and Pamela,

Thanks for asking, still slow progress. But tomorrow we are off to Germany for 10 days, and will be going to a few converters who build the habitation bodies for the trucks.

We are also going to a German Treffen (meet) with some guys who already have these type of trucks, so hopefully will learn a lot.

Unless we see the right package and get blown away, we are going to try and make a decision after we have been to the Allrad show in Germany in June, because there will be tons more trucks and converters to look at.

Really we dont have the money to do anything until November, but we might just by the truck in June/July time and start to strip it down and get the vehicle ready for a chassis stretch etc.

Exciting stuff, I think we know most of the components now it just the final design and length that needs to be agreed on. We are too long at the moment, but we are going to be in it for a long time and that extra half a metre will make a lot of difference.

With Morocco, not sure of our plans yet, need to keep a bit fluid, if there is no work about and the truck isnt ready to progress then we will come away and play so to speak. But understand your problem of numbers, however I wouldnt worry yet until nearer the time for firming up numbers as it is a long way off yet.

I am due to have a total knee replacement sometime around July, pleased about it but will be out of action for a while, but better now than next year.

Kind regards
Pat

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
fancy a trip to Morocco

Hi! I forgot to say in my previous post :Doh: that, the agent at Los Palomes charged €180 ferry crossing no matter what size of motorhome, our friends with a 40 foot R.V. paid the same as another couple we know with a little Romahome, also towards the end of January the sites filled up, at Atlantic park they were parking campers by the washing lines and in the access roads around the site, it was heaving!! bambi2

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi all, we have been looking around the internet and found som info that might help those who have not ventured that far yet.

Hope it all calms down before april 2011!

ROUTE PLANNING

MAPPING
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> doesn't have a huge road network, so a single country-wide map with a scale of 1:1,000,000 is sufficient. This will show most unsurfaced roads suitable for 4WD traffic. With a map of 1:1,000,000 it's easy to get suckered into days that involve huge distances, so it's as well to have an equivalent scale map of the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> to give you an appreciation for what you are planning.

Michelin 742 is probably the best all-round map as it shows scenic routes (in green) and those roads that might be closed due to winter snow (blue). A new version of the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> edition was released in May 2007 but there are only a few differences from the old version.

The IGN map is useful as it has gridlines to enable GPS waypoints to be roughly calculated. The Rough Guide map is also good as it's printed on a plastic-like surface that is more practical for tank bags.

There are larger-scale maps available but these are extremely out-of-date and, given the rate of road sealing going on in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>, are practically useless for ascertaining road conditions. Stanfords is an excellent mail order resource for maps of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

GARMIN GPS NAVIGATION
The coverage of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> included in the Atlantic basemap loaded in Garmin Streetpilot/Quest units is actually more detailed and extends further south than the coverage shown in Mapsource. Compare them side-by-side to see.

The best solution is the free-of-charge Marokko Topo maps at Link Removed I have travelled extensively with these maps and found the roads and tracks are accurate. The most recent version is December 2007. For best results on the road only download the street maps to the GPS unit (i.e. remove the topo overlay from the download) as otherwise you can get confused between contour lines and tracks. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" id=_x0000_i1025 alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

The Marokko Topo map segments don't take up much storage space as they don't include routing information. Consequently, when you come to plan a route using roads, you'll find the GPS will only use the original basemap roads. Which leads to the second point, that GPS navigation in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> is best done as 'off-road' straight lines between known waypoints.

Don't bother buying tracklogs of Moroccan pistes, the vast majority of the pistes are already on Maroc Topo.

ROUTES
When planning <st1:State w:st="on">Ceuta</st1:State> to Fes, please don't go via Ketama in the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Rif</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Mountains</st1:placeType></st1:place>. It would be your worse possible introduction to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Some of the locals in that area are unfriendly (it's a lawless cannabis-growing centre) and the roads are poor. This is the only area in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> I would advise against. If you really want to do it, wait until the return trip.<o:p></o:p>

TRAIL RIDING
Gandini's series of six books on Link Removed is the best resource for piste information. The High/Middle Atlas edition was updated in 2006. Written in French but not too difficult to understand
Voyages 4x4 is a Link Removed with a variety of suggested pistes and waypoints.
Chris Scott's Sahara Overland 2 is another acknowledged resource for advice and information about pistes throughout the Sahara area and includes 12 pistes for <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

Google Earth
If you have a recent version of Mapsource you can check the validity of waypointed routes by parsing them through Google Earth. To see what this looks like (needs Google Earth but not Mapsource), click here to download (save, then unzip) Chris Scott's M6 route in .kmz Google Earth format. You can zoom in on the route and in some cases follow it on the ground.

WEATHER
<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> has been described as a 'cold country with a hot sun' and temperatures can vary suprisingly. The all-time coldest temperature recorded in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> was -24°C (-11°F) at Ifrane in the Middle Atlas. On the other hand it regularly soars to 50°C in the area around Figuig. Summer night temperatures can be awfully sticky in non-mountainous regions.

In 2006 Morocco has received large amounts of rainfall and the effects in terms of plant growth and water table height are likely to last a couple of years. In June very heavy rains in east and south-east <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> (from the Mediterranean coast to the Tafilalt region) killed 6 people. Merzouga (in what is regarded as a semi-desert region) had 105 mm of water (over 4 inches) in 2 hours, and the Hassan Addakhil reservoir received 39 million cubic meters. 2008 has been another wet year and some of the more remote tracks may not be in particularly good repair.

FUEL
As of April 2009 leaded fuel has practically disappeared in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> and all fuel stations serve super unleaded and Eurodiesel 50. Afriquia is the best chain of petrol stations in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> with modern services and normally with an onsite cafe. Other chains are Total, Ziz and CHM. Petrol costs about 10.5dh/litre which is about 75p/litre.

Getting small change is often a problem in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>, so I often fill up asking for 120dh at a time (cent vingt dirham, SVP), this way I get change of a 50 and a 20 dh notes plus a 10dh coin.

Until recently it was practically impossible to get unleaded petrol south of Tan Tan. This may well have changed but I don't have any reliable information. Fuel prices in Western Sahara are roughly half of those elsewhere in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

'Loco for Motos' points out that Marjane Hypermarkets in major cities will take credit cards, however this can add ten minutes on to your stop. Marjane is also a good place to stock up on European items, wine and beer.

Mobile phone coverage
<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> has jumped a technology generation and the market penetration of mobile phones is something like eight times than of landlines. This market penetration could only be achieved by the phone companies installing cellphone masts along all the normal traffic routes, whether tarmac or piste. Consequently you can be in really remote areas which in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> would be signal-less and get all the bars on your phone. Make sure you have roaming enabled on your <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> phone before leaving.

Jan 08: Vodafone and <st1:City w:st="on">Orange</st1:City> don't have roaming agreements with suppliers in Western Sahara and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mauritania</st1:place></st1:country-region> but O2 is said to be OK.

To make the best of the Moroccan coverage (and overcome the problem above), take a spare mobile with you to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> and buy a local SIM card (~£2). If the mobile isn't unlocked there will be someone who will do that for you. Now top the card up and use it to keep in touch with your fellow travellers, make hotel bookings ahead, and so forth.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
DOCUMENTS AND PROCEDURES<o:p></o:p>
Carlos who organises cheap ferry tickets across the Straits of Gibraltar.

Apparently he is very well-known in the motorhome community and operates from an office close to Lidl and Carrefour in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Algeciras</st1:place></st1:City> (come off the E15 at junction 112). Motorhome owners sort their tickets with Carlos, then do their shopping and park overnight at Lidl before getting the morning ferry. One couple said their ferry this time from <st1:City w:st="on">Algeciras</st1:City> to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Ceuta</st1:State></st1:place> was €100 return for motorhome and two passengers. Carlos who organises cheap ferry tickets across the Straits of Gibraltar.
<o:p></o:p>

Your passport will need to be valid for at least six months after your entry into <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Morocco</st1:country-region></st1:place>. A visa is not required for British nationals. You don't need an international driving licence, but should take your British driving licence. You don't need a carnet but will need your vehicle logbook (V5) and check the address matches that of your driving licence! <o:p></o:p>

When purchasing your ferry tickets at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Algeciras</st1:place></st1:City>, ask for white Moroccan immigration forms. You need two varients of these, one for entry, one for exit. Use the time on the ferry to complete them. [If you get the boat to Tanger the immigration/passport procedures are done on board. Look for a queue of people holding passports.]

As you leave Spanish Morocco, you will be directed into a holding area for processing your entry into <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>. You can safely ignore anyone not wearing either a gun or a pale blue customs uniform. There are lots of touts who are there to relieve you of money in exchange for smoothing your entry, but it's much more of an achievement to get through without 'help'. Also it's often quicker as the touts make everything seem very complex to show you how you need their help. The 'helpers' are often relatives of the officials, who then get a kickback on the fees. <v:shape style="WIDTH: 12pt; HEIGHT: 12pt" id=_x0000_i1026 alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>Personally, I never make payments and I make a game of getting through faster than the groups who do. <v:shape style="WIDTH: 15.75pt; HEIGHT: 21.75pt" id=_x0000_i1027 alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif" o:href="http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/bounce.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

1. Find an office that has the green triplicate import form for the bike (Declaration d’Importation Temporaire de Moyens de Transport). Write down your name (first, family), your nationality, passport number, and number of nights you are staying. Then the bike registration and country (GB), the manufacturer and model, and the chassis number from your V5.

2. Go to the passport window and hand in your passport and white immigration form. You will get a stamp and a number in the passport. Add the number onto the green import form after your nationality (second line).

3. Go to the BMCE bank and change some money. If you don't already have green card cover go to the Assurance Frontiere office to arrange. This will cost 59€ or 558MAD for 10 days and about 80€ for a month.

4. Now go back to the office where you got the green form and hand in the passport, green import form, your V5 and either the green card or the border insurance. The forms will be stamped.

5. Now find the head honcho in the pale blue uniform (probably sitting down somewhere in the shade) to let him see and initial everything.

6. You can now ride forward to the actual customs post, but don't put anything away as you'll need to show everything again.

The return trip is much easier. You need to queue with your passport and white exit form. Then queue again to hand in the two remaining sheets of the temporary import form, one of which will be returned to you.

I prefer Tanger myself, it's a short ride to the dual carriageway leading out of town, and then to the motorway to Larache.

Formalities for foreigners from Moroccan government web site: Link Removed

Motorcycle insurance: ideally you should get fully comprehensive green card coverage from your own insurer, however please note that many insurance companies reduce the green card cover from fully comp to third party for the Moroccan part of the trip. Theft of large-capacity bikes isn’t a concern as locals can’t register them or get parts, but you would be liable for own-fault crashes. If you don’t organise insurance in advance you will have to purchase border insurance (third party) when you enter the country. The current rates are something like 60 euros for 2 weeks and 89 euros for 4 weeks.

Vaccinations
Essential: Tetanus and polio
Strong recommendation: Hepatitis A
Recommended: Typhoid, Diptheria, TB, Hepatitis B, Rabies

The vaccinations are only suggested, not mandatory (you won't be turned away if you don't have them). They are similar to those needed for other countries, so if you plan to travel a lot it's a good idea. Some of these injections can be combined, e.g. Hep-A/Typhoid, Diptheria/Tetanus/Polio. You would need a booster for Hep-A six months down the line. Then a typhoid revaccination after three years, the others after ten years. Malaria is practically eliminated, but avoid mosquito bites by using cream/nets.

Travel/medical insurance: check it covers motorcycling over 125cc. Take the policy document/booklet with you plus a note of your policy number. UNAT (tel 020-8662 8145) used to administer the BMW Travel Insurance and will provide motorcycle cover for an additional £15 per person. www.worldwideinsure.com provides motorcycling cover for <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> (any country bordering Med), 10 days = £11.40 standard, £14.72 super cover.

Currency: You can’t buy Moroccan Dirhams (MAD) until you get to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>, and the exchange places at the border only take cash, so you will need some money in sterling or Euros. Once within <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region> the easiest way to get MAD is from ATMs (cash points). Most ATMs take credit cards rather than Switch. Make sure you have your PIN codes for the card(s) and if you don’t normally use them, check now that they work by withdrawing some cash before you go!

French for ATM is 'guichet' (counter). At Tanger there's a couple of ATMs and banks on the right immediately after customs, at <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Ceuta</st1:place></st1:State> you need to ride on a couple of km to Fnediq where there's an ATM on the right by the second roundabout. Some ATMs will automatically switch to English when you put your card in, others you need to select the Union Flag.

1 MAD is about 6.3p. £1= 15.75 <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">MAD.</st1:place></st1:country-region> Petrol is slightly cheaper than the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Petrol stations and other places won’t take credit cards, and when they do there’s often a 5% surcharge.

PROCEDURES
Speed limits are 40 kph (25 mph) in towns and 100 kph (62 mph) in open country. As you approach a town the limits will go 100 -> 80 -> 60 -> 40. You MUST give way to traffic from the right, even though it’s a smaller road. Police impose on-the-spot fines in an attempt to reduce road accidents. Radar traps are increasingly used.

The town police (Sûreté Nationale) have a dark blue uniform with light blue shirts. The provincial police (Gendarmerie Royal) have light grey uniforms and you will often see pairs of gendarmes examining traffic on the main roads in and out of towns.

ASSISTANCE WITHIN <st1:country-region w:st="on">MOROCCO</st1:country-region>
Recovery insurance: BMW European recovery services don't cover <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>. If there's a breakdown and a bike is unrepairable locally, the only thing is to get it onto a van back up to <st1:State w:st="on">Ceuta</st1:State> or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Algeciras</st1:place></st1:City>. The rider (and V5) will need to be with the bike/van to get it through the border and get the vehicle exit stamp in the rider's passport.

For assistance within Morocco, contact
Ouarzazate: Link Removed (Peter/Zineb) +212 707.856.40
Ouarzazate: Wilderness Wheels (Peter) +212 24 88 81 28
Casablanca: BMW Smeia, +212 22 50 07 00 (BMW bike dealer) N33 35.881 W7 34.952
Casablanca: Moto Plus, 86 Rue Hadj Ammar Riffi, Mers Sultan +212 522 20 38 15, N33 35.149 W7 36.854.

Construction has started on a Marrakech BMW dealership which is likely to be open in 2010.

EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
112 is an internationally recognised GSM emergency number and, irrespective of which country you are in, calls should connect to the local emergency telephone number. From landlines the emergency police telephone numbers are
- 190 in urban areas for city police
- 177 in countryside for Gendarmerie Royal
British Embassy in Rabat: +212 37 63 33 33

TELEPHONE NUMBERS CHANGEOVER ON 6 MARCH 2009
Due to high demand for cellphone numbers, Morocco will move to a 10-digit numbering system with effect from 6 March. Fixed-line phone numbers starting with 02 or 03 will change into 052 and 053. Mobile phone numbers starting with 01, 04, 05, 06 or 07 will have a 5 after 0, while those starting with 08 or 09 will become 080 and 089.

To dial, from abroad, a Moroccan land-line number starting with +2122 or + 2123, add 5 before 2 or 3 (i.e. 21252 or 21253).

When calling a mobile phone starting with +2121, +2124, +2125, +2126 or +2127, a 6 should be added before 1, 4, 5, 6 or 7. For international calls to numbers starting with +2128 or +2129, replace 8 by 80 and 9 by 89.

The changes won't affect international calls from <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Morocco</st1:place></st1:country-region>, special service numbers and emergency numbers.<o:p></o:p>

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We are testing the water at the moment - we are considering a trip into Morrocco next winter sometime as well as touring Portugal and Spain. We were wondering if there were any other funsters that would like to join us in Morrocco for a good time but also for moral support. We spent a couple of months touring Morrocco back in the eighties and would love to go again.

You never know group discounts might be available on ferries, something to look into.

This is not a pay to join group, just a group of Funsters touring together. If anyone is interested in this let us know, then we can decide when would be the ideal time for everyone, we have our own ideas but are flexible.

If you have been before and fancy going again, your input would be invaluable.

Nigel and Pamala

Pauline and I had decided some while ago that Morroco will be our next major tour so, yes if the majority ideals all come to a conclusion that suits everyone we will be very interested

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi, this is a old threat from 2011, but I think someone funsters are looking at going early2014. There is a amazing thread on from the last trip to Morris earlier this year.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Pauline and I had decided some while ago that Morroco will be our next major tour so, yes if the majority ideals all come to a conclusion that suits everyone we will be very interested

I think this thread is dead.

But there are talks about another Moroccan Job as took place this year, keep your eyes open.

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Morocco 2014

We followed last years Moroccantrip instigated by Snow Bird and will joining any organised trip for 2014.
We will be in Portugal November /December (chicken run),then Morocco January/Febuary/March.
Looking forward to meeting like minded Funsters for the above trip.
David(Jersey Joe )

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We could also be interested in joining any future Morocco trip:Smile:!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Yup could be well up for that,normally do Spain and Portugal,Jan till March so no reason why not,let's keep in touch.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
must say its ok going in a group ,but going by yourself the first time is actually a real good adventure . specialy the entry . at the time its frustrating but you later will laugh about it .
took 5 hrs the first time i went through ,and i got ripped off by paying for help .ha ha .
even the bad bits turn into fun bits as time goes by.
now its how awkward can we be to them . hee hee .fill the form in wrong . miss lay things . gotta get your own back . hee hee

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Morocco - ancient meets modern,

I've just come back from Morocco with Blue Camel tours (who were brilliant) and would love to go again. I stayed at Atlantic Parc - well run and clean - and at Essouaria campsite - glad of own shower and loo - but my favourite was at Zagora under the palm trees and spotless loos and showers. I don't feel I did Marrakesh so would love to go again. A provisional "yes please" but nothing is certain in this life! For anyone wavering, Morocco has so much for everyone, fabulous scenery, friendly people, cheap diesel (80p a litre), beautiful fresh food and a long drive to get there! Oh yes, be prepared for lots of waiting to get in and out of the country and use Carlos to get ferry tickets - by LIDL in Algiceras - cheap and efficient.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Be aware that this is an old thread from 2011 there is a newer thread for Morocco for 2014

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Be aware that this is an old thread from 2011 there is a newer thread for Morocco for 2014

Rumours of it's death seem greatly exaggerated.

But quite pointless in using this one with so many now useless pages.

Here is where to post...

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back