family turned away from campsite (1 Viewer)

S

stagman

Deleted User
having monitered this thread i have decided to add my pennyith . it does appear some on this site dislike travellers .is it not a fact that part of the fighting against hitler was because he /germany wanted to get rid of gypsies, travellers etc. pause for thought.. did he not see what was happening to germany at the time. they have had lots more gypsie traveller type folk than us and lots of other nationals. are not some of you going the way of the nazis regime and are not too far away from ethnic cleansing of the same type . theft is not acceptable but campsites etc turning away travellers ,that strikes like ethnic cleansing to me. its just not acceptable to have a hobby van or camper why not turn it on american vans .some of you dont like america /americans . seems to me we havent learnt much in the past 60 yrs. cheers alan.

The travellers that loot , cause damage ,leave rubbish , don't pay taxes ,or road fund licences ,but are only too glad to drive on the roads ,walk on the steets , drink the water , take the electricity . Rob older folk or less educated when they come and do inferior jobs and take their money and scarper never to be seen again . We build special sites for them from our money , and they take them apart , sell the roofs , windows whatever they can salvage and that is fact .Ethnic cleansing , Germany , Hitler , what are you on about , no comparson at all .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
that was part of the problem in germany before the second world war. how do we get rid of them? i,m asking the question ,if we arent careful we will be following in someone elses foot steps. where do you start travellers gypsies. romanies . lithuanians polish /portugese or is it anybody you dont like. it needs carefull thought to stop what you are discussing happening not just force people to do what you want. strange we are supposed to be a free country but some only want people to do as they are told.
would you like to shoot them or gas them ?they would be gone then .problem ended.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
having monitered this thread i have decided to add my pennyith . it does appear some on this site dislike travellers ..

Hi Alan

I never pre judge anyone, and have stayed beside genuine travelling people in France and Germany, I admire their lifestyle.

However, I speak as I find, when we lived in Basildon the travellers caused a lot of problems, they were encamped close to the Sainsburys store I mentioned and caused a great deal of trouble..
When we lived and worked at a pub in Kent we had a few who were regulars, absolutely no problem .. but they were known for fly tipping in the country lanes with a tranny tipper truck.. It wasn't unusual to find a lane completely blocked.. they had moved on from tarmacing drives to refuse disposal .. so it's quite understandable when people have a negative view, but it's wrong to tar them all with the same brush.. there are good and bad travellers just as there are good and bad in every walk of life..

If you want to see nicking on a grand scale spend a week end at Billing Aquedome .. :Eeek:

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i was only trying to put a balance to the way it was going. we do have rules to obey .we pay some people to catch and reprimand the bad elements ,the problem is too many folk not doing what they are payed for. others not reporting etc there is a system breakdown just like germany before the war. we are heading the same way . like i keep saying look back in history the same as happened before. nothing new but we need more thought as how to stop it heading the same way. are travellers n gypsies the thin end of the wedge.

mikel

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
Funster No
Several friends of mine are from the Romany community. A fine lot they are. Clever, dosh loaded and they live in houses too !!

The issue in Scotland is the failure to distinguish between the Romany and the TINKER. The latter is usually of Irish extraction and found throughout the UK. Not being a racist (I had to say that) I must admit the latter bunch are the ones to avoid. They leave rubbish wherever they choose to stop. They also sh~te in laybys and drive Hobbys, so they do, so they do.

As for Perthshire Caravans. Well a bit of common sense should have been applied but that does not seem to be their company policy. I asked them for a quote if they could fit a self seeking satellite system to our van a few months ago.

OH NO, they said !! Because you didn't buy the van from us !!!! followed by an abrupt hang up of the telephone by them.

I thought that a bit unusual. A lot of dosh for them you would think.

Since then I always thought Perthshire Caravans a bit stupid to say the least. Their attiude towards the family turned away confirms that Perthshire Caravans should be avoided.

Last edited:

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The problem is the Travellers are not the persecuted, we the ordinary citizen in the street are the victims of Travellers who think that the rules of the land do not apply too them. Too keep repeating Hitler/Germany/Ethnic cleansing is really no argument against to-days problems .

S

stagman

Deleted User
[
As for Perthshire Caravans. Well a bit of common sense should have been applied but that does not seem to be their company policy. I asked them for a quote if they could fit a self seeking satellite system to our van a few months ago.

Well that's good enough for me avoid Perthshire Caravans including their campsite and anything else they may have their fingers in .:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the whole point is it is worth taking a moment to look back. it is relevent . in the past others thought the travelling gypsie s were persicuting the innocent the answer was as we know. i ask again what do we do? its also other caravan sites that have the same attitude. the problem doesnt just disapear .someone already tried their way of getting rid of the problem .we as a nation didnt like it. so think of another way. i,m only putting the question as lots talk about the problem and never do anything to make it better. we have had a councilor /mayor been kocked for his attempt to help the problem . yes someone else will solve it and even more will knock the next decision .what is the answer?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
where is the FUN in this thread, lots of places to fo for a rant go to Hyde park corner and take your soapbox.

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
This is a ridiculous reply to my original post. For your information in Scotland travelling people do not pay any taxes etc as they are not resident in any one place long enough. Having prev worked for inland revenue I have never seen a traveller declare there earnings! So perhaps you would like to tell me where you get your information from?? La la land perhaps!!!

Here are three links to official sites. They provide some evidence that Travellers do pay taxes as much as the rest of us.
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

As a manager of a park I welcome visitors from all over the world but if anybody was aggressive or abusive (as every encounter I have had with travellers has been) they would not be allowed to stay.

The point here is the stereotyping of a group, in this case by the make of van they chose to buy.
Nobody is saying that abuse and violence are acceptable. Though I have to question why some people seem to attract abuse and violence while others do not.

I resent you suggesting I am racist.
Only intelligient, well informed replies please.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-legal-status-of-ethnic-minority-710768.html
in which you will see:
"But Judge Goldstein rejected their argument yesterday, saying Irish travellers should be covered by the Act in the same way as other ethnic groups. The judge said Irish travellers had a shared history going back to at least the mid-19th century."

Pavees, Romas, Sintos, Gitanos are all racial groups officially recognised in this country as Ethnic Minorities. To encourage people to discriminate against them on the basis of their ethnicity is illegal in this country.
To ban Joe Blogs from your campsite because you have experience or information that Joe caused a fight is entirley legitimate.
To ban Joe Bloggs because you think (or know) he is a Traveller is a crime. Using the evidence that he drives a Hobby is no excuse.

I don't want to suggest you are racist. I am sure from your reaction to the idea that I thought you were is evidence that you don't wish to be one.

What I am trying to say is that the type of action that the OP reported WAS racist, albeit unintentionally. To allow that to go unchallenged is a dangerous path.

Perhaps the majority of us could agree that it is wrong to label strangers by any stereotyping. At the same time we should recognise that there is good and bad apples in any basket.
Treat people as individuals not as groups.

Patrick (The self important one:winky:)

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just sent this to them:

Hi, I do not have a Hobby van but a Miller built in France.. Does that mean I will be allowed access or will we be turned away too ?

IF they reply I shall then mention that I have been a biker all my life, and even though I will not have a bike with me, will the fact preclude me..

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Just sent this to them:

Hi, I do not have a Hobby van but a Miller built in France.. Does that mean I will be allowed access or will we be turned away too ?

IF they reply I shall then mention that I have been a biker all my life, and even though I will not have a bike with me, will the fact preclude me..

Its a well known fact all bikers are trouble causers::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think many of us have been there . still carry a motor bike in the back.even if it is only a dax. turn up at faro mc. head quarters 2 of us 17and 19 stone on a dax causes a laugh. my mate as got his own this year so look out espana the boys are coming. what with all the funsters in spain this winter could be a real bike gang meet.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! Is it an original Dax ?
Worth a fair few bob now ! Just had the chance of buying a Gorilla !

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
And finally it is alleged that no one is above the law:Angry:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jaws mc unfortunately not its a jing chen or easy rider 90cc bought through fluff browns, owns ajs since 70,s . also have a lifan 110cc dax . had a few monkeys but prefer the dax . mine 90 is a 2001. had it from new its well travelled and well abused worth every penny seen more sand than blackpool .have fun ,cheers alan.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As long as it works and you have fun it matters not !! :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
where is the FUN in this thread, lots of places to fo for a rant go to Hyde park corner and take your soapbox.

Never mind the travelling folk... what are we going to do about the hoardes of Man Utd fans roaming the world? (Not counting the nice ones like my mates Lynn, Ady or Dvd Dave).

I don't care what vans they are in, they should all be sent back to where they come from (in most cases it won't be Manchester.)

Look up on a beautiful sunny day and what do you see?

A Sky Blue Sky...

JJ

Hope I don't have to add any smiley faces to this post... the words should be enough...

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Wrong Side

I had this discussion with a Swiss Site owner.
They have a special lane for English vans because their doors are on the wrong side but I was English driving a German van therefore my door was on the wrong side to pitch in the English lane.
I did explain that by pitching nose in my door would be on the English side or we could pitch nose out and pitch with the continentals it mattered little to me.
I think they thought we would try and upset the Germans if let loose amongst them. As if :)

Brilliant site by the way.

Steve

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
....All this is hard to swallow when your in work knocking your pan out. Its got nothing to do with racism etc but everything to do with whats fair and whats not fair.
Nowts fair in life Jim.

I've had to pay my own bloody mortgage, bills, rates, house maintenance, insurance, vehicle tax, fuel etc etc for the past god knows how many years, yet government ministers get all this for free plus getting a good whack of a wage too!
Nobody came to me with a barrow load of money and said, "here mate...want a fancy water feature in yer garden? No problem, let me pay for it."

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I emailed the campsite asking if my MH would be suitable to stop there as i understood they had some problems with ''travellers'

this was their reply:

Many thanks for your email. A Swift Kon-Tiki has never been associated with the travelling fraternity. If you would like to book in please call the park directly.

I would say that this is discrimatory....They should just say that they have the right to turn anyone away....no reason is given, but when you start to name particular types of people...then its discrimatory...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back