Family History (I can't spell Geneology!) (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Our daughter Sarah has been working on the Gibbard/Hedley family tree. My question is how do you decide what photograph to put in e.g. My Dad in his later years or a picture taken when he was a young man?

PS she has found the Scottish ancestry I was told I had - so will I get a vote on independence?.!,!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Regarding photographs it all depends what software package you use. Some packages allow several photo files (and/or other media files) to be stored whilst some allow just one (or even none).

Charts generated automatically (e.g. from Family Tree Maker) normally only allow a single photo to be included for each person.

There is a package called TreeDraw which is absolutely the most versatile for producing charts (we ran a chart printing company for over 10 years) and which allows the inclusion of as many photos as you like because you just import them at will.

As for Scottish ancestry, you'll have to move back north of the border if you want a vote ::bigsmile:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Regarding photographs it all depends what software package you use. Some packages allow several photo files (and/or other media files) to be stored whilst some allow just one (or even none).

Charts generated automatically (e.g. from Family Tree Maker) normally only allow a single photo to be included for each person.

There is a package called TreeDraw which is absolutely the most versatile for producing charts (we ran a chart printing company for over 10 years) and which allows the inclusion of as many photos as you like because you just import them at will.

As for Scottish ancestry, you'll have to move back north of the border if you want a vote ::bigsmile:

God no not to Billingham:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Mmmm, got me interested now, could somebody let me know the best way to trace long lost family members?

:Smile::thumb:

It all depends why they are "lost" and where they are. I traced descendants of a cousin of my Great Grandmother, who had emigrated to Tasmania, by writing to the editor of the local paper in Launceston asking him to publish my letter asking for any descendants to get in touch. That would be around 1996/7.

You could try searching for names in the various on-line pedigrees.

If somebody has been "lost" because they wanted to have nothing to do with family, though, it might be very difficult.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Mmmm, got me interested now, could somebody let me know the best way to trace long lost family members?

:Smile::thumb:
It really depends how long ago, but cencus records may help or 192.com if they are still alive and in the UK. We need more details to be specific.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back