False info given to us by motorhome hire company. What can we do? (1 Viewer)

R

RosyRat

Deleted User
This is the first time I've ever been on a motorhome forum and haven't yet set out in a motorhome. Please forgive my naivety, but I really need advice from the experts. We've hired a motorhome from a company who operate on the internet and seemed to be very well known and very big. We wanted to hire a motorhome for a week, just to see what it was like, before making the big step of buying.
We picked a motorhome off the site after looking for ages because we wanted 3 specific things : a bike rack, an oven and a fixed rear bed. The description on the website offered these things, as did the company manager when I phoned up.
As soon as the deposit was taken from our account, things went wrong. We didn't get a booking form, receipt or confirmation. Then the remainder of the booking fee was taken : a total of £450 in all. Finally, after emails & phone calls, we received an emailed receipt and were told to send £400 to the owner of the motorhome and were given a name, address & phone no.
We're due to pick up the vehicle in 2 days' time and have just discovered that there is no bike rack, the rear bed has to be made up by pulling out the seats in the lounge & the oven is an overhead microwave, which I can't reach.
I'm so distressed I feel sick. What redress do we have? The terms & conditions state there are no refunds under any circumstance & I've signed the contract. If anyone can help, Id be so grateful

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Hi - can you tell me whereabouts the hire section is on this site please?

hi it was added tolinks motorhome rentals not many in except the vw one i added recently :thumb::Smile:

Link Removed

ray

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

Patrick49

Deleted User
hi it was added tolinks motorhome rentals not many in except the vw one i added recently :thumb::Smile:

Link Removed

ray

Thank you for that:) Insurance could be a problem mind -

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread