Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Goo article on Fake Britian this morning ref fake generators. Hope you have a genuine one

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Goo article on Fake Britian this morning ref fake generators. Hope you have a genuine one

which Models are faked :Eeek:? I bought a Kipor 2 weeks ago!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
Out of interest, how would one tell if their Kippor was a fakey?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
kipors arent fake they are tops .cant beat a kipor genny.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
The ones on the show were Hondas, but faked in China, as already said, scary stuff!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
kipors arent fake they are tops .cant beat a kipor genny.

Why on earth would anyone go to all the trouble of faking a genny and then badging it up 'Kipor'......:ROFLMAO: :roflmto:

The ones on the show were Hondas, but faked in China, as already said, scary stuff!
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

If you're going to fake it fake a Honda.

Have you ever had anyone offer you a fake Timex, no, it'd be a Rolex or Longines or Tag
:winky:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Why on earth would anyone go to all the trouble of faking a genny and then badging it up 'Kipor'......:ROFLMAO: :roflmto:

Is that thing you have a MH or a horse box ? :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Gunner29

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Fake dentist kit

had an appointment with the dentist this afternoon and having seen the programme I was somewhat concerned.
Imagine buying a cheap x ray machine and tools for your practise off e bay etc maddness

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am currently looking for an affordable portable oxygen concentrator, and it seems the chinese are flooding the markets with a knock off version. what appears identical with the same pictures used, varies in price from £200 to over £600. it worries me that people might be fooled into buying these units and think they are safe to travel, only to have the concentrator fail on them in use. terrifying to be reliant on oxygen and to run out.

from what it seems, they realised these pieces of medical equipment were an easy source of money, and so produced a flimsy knock off to sell at high profit. to me that is immoral knowingly making such a device that they realise is not going to work for long. they only offer 3 months warranty, return to china only, so no thanks:Angry:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A friend of mine bought a genuine Rolex.

He felt it would improve his image when he was working (as a close up magician).

Not wanting to lose it if he got mugged he bought a ten quid fake for every day use.

He was a little upset to discover the fake kept far, far better time than the two and a half grand genuine item.

I believe Honda took Kipor to court for copying their gennies. I think they copied them rather well.

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
People have to remember that china is the king of counterfeit. You get plenty of bargains from China online - but many are copies. It is such a problem, that even the manufacturers get stung. Counterfeiting is a fine art that the chinese have mastered - They proudly claim that they will have a counterfeit item within two hours of you releasing a new product.

Dealing with electronics, it is something that you have to be very careful of. I get spam daily asking me to send PCB's and electronic devices to china, and they will copy and supply for pennies. There has been a noticeable effect on cameras over recent years - even the higher end products were effected with poor quality counterfeit cameras that only last weeks or months. You have to be very careful indeed!

Buyer beware - and do your research! Bargains are not all they may appear!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They will copy anything to make a quick buck. A couple of years ago a Chinese factory was found producing baby milk formula and bulking it with plastic WTF :Eeek: Just the other day it was on news they were selling 20,000 tons of rat meat as lamb:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back