Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I'm not having much luck.

I applied for a FairFX card as CaxtonFX has disabled their SMS service and I rely on SMS for topping up.

The card has arrived, it's been activated, my mobile number has been stored and last night I sat down to do a test SMS to see my balance and the SMS will not send. I tried many times and it won't do it using either the short number or the long number.

I contacted FairFX by email and they've said there's nothing wrong with the service and it must be my phone. The only thing they can suggest is ringing them up when I need to top up but I cannot afford to do this. I only have £10/month budget for my phone and ringing from Europe or Morocco would take up all my credit.

So I'm stuck and wondered if anyone else has this issue and what did you do about it?

Here's hoping someone has some words of wisdom.

Thanks

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
FairFx have an app that makes it easy to top up over 3G (I think) or wifi. Haven't used the SMS for ages, as this is so much easier.! Got it from the App Store.

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Yes. I downloaded the app to take a look at it but I need to load my card once a month and will not have access to the internet when I need to do it. That is why I want to use the SMS.

When you did use the SMS did it work OK?

I've emailed FAIRFX and they've basically said it's my problem (which of course it is as they're not trying to help)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
It worked when I used it, but that was ages ago ( maybe even a couple of years). 3G is so freely available, but I'm with O2 and they just charge £1.99 for any day you want to use it abroad. Gets expensive for a regular transaction though. Sorry can't help more!

OP
OP
J

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
It's OK. Thanks for trying. I think 3g is only available if you buy a data sim and I don't want to do that. I just want the SMS to work!

Back to the drawing board. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back