FairFX prepaid currency card Info ? (1 Viewer)

crabwall

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
betws gwerfil goch wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7876
Exp
new to it
Hi I have been on martin Lewis's money market site looking at prepaid cards for Europe and the FairFX seems to come out on top , has anybody used one . many thanks Phil.:thumb:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Yes, we have both the Euro and US Dollar cards. We did have a small problem a few years ago in France but their customer service solved the issue very quickly.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure why they consider it as being above the Caxton Card. Cash withdrawal is free on Caxton but charged for on Fair FX. The reason for coming second is stated as being a higher fee for using the card for a currency it is not designed for -well why would you do that? Surely free cash withdrawal is more useful?

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Not sure why they consider it as being above the Caxton Card. Cash withdrawal is free on Caxton but charged for on Fair FX. The reason for coming second is stated as being a higher fee for using the card for a currency it is not designed for -well why would you do that? Surely free cash withdrawal is more useful?

Wyn

I have both - just incase one gets lost or stolen. But I fully agree with the above post. €1.50 charge for each cash withdrawal soon negates the slightly higher interest rate over the Caxton card. The whole idea of carrying one of these cards IMHO is to avoid carrying large amounts of cash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

crabwall

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
betws gwerfil goch wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7876
Exp
new to it
Many thanks to you all for your responses . The Caxton looks the better deal that's the one a lot of you use .And what you said Wyn makes sense . thanks to all, this is a great site.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back