FairFX prepaid currency card Info ?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by crabwall, Nov 3, 2013.

1. crabwall

crabwall

Hi I have been on martin Lewis's money market site looking at prepaid cards for Europe and the FairFX seems to come out on top , has anybody used one . many thanks Phil.:thumb:

2. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

Yes, we have both the Euro and US Dollar cards. We did have a small problem a few years ago in France but their customer service solved the issue very quickly.

3. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Not sure why they consider it as being above the Caxton Card. Cash withdrawal is free on Caxton but charged for on Fair FX. The reason for coming second is stated as being a higher fee for using the card for a currency it is not designed for -well why would you do that? Surely free cash withdrawal is more useful?

Wyn

4. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

I have both - just incase one gets lost or stolen. But I fully agree with the above post. €1.50 charge for each cash withdrawal soon negates the slightly higher interest rate over the Caxton card. The whole idea of carrying one of these cards IMHO is to avoid carrying large amounts of cash.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  5. crabwall

crabwall

Many thanks to you all for your responses . The Caxton looks the better deal that's the one a lot of you use .And what you said Wyn makes sense . thanks to all, this is a great site.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1