Jan 14, 2014
wales
Funster No
MH
low profile motorhome
Exp
since 2008
Hi,
I have a Bailey Approach motorhome now two and a half years old. It carries a three year warranty.
Within the warranty is a ''fair wear and tear clause''. Two of the concertina fly screen cords have snapped. I have taken the van to the selling dealership they have said they will submit the claim but are allready saying it will be classed as fair wear and tear. Has anyone contested a fair wear and tear claim?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
but you dont know how many days a year its been used .
might be every day .
mind hasnt been refused yet.
interesting post though be nice to know the outcome .
surely they will say fix it . can only be a few quid .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I would give them one chance to do it under warranty and then straight to small claims court. I had a leisure battery, engine battery and steering fluid leak all considered wear and tear. I got my judgement.

Going to Small claims court shifts the balance of power - you become the wriggler, not the wrigglee. (is that a word?)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I think only items that you would reasonably expect to regularly replace can be covered by the fair wear and tear clause. I wouldn't have thought the cords for a fly screen are covered by any service interval.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our bedroom blinds at home (raised and lowered every day) were just a soft cotton and they lasted 7 years - I would expect blind cords in a motorhome to last longer than that :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would find out the cost of the repair before getting too wound up, I recognise there is a principle and that still applies, but if the repair is only say £20 might be better for your sanity to either try and get the dealer to pay or just pay it and save your efforts for something more serious £ wise

just for now lets hope the manufacturer wont quibble, but for what might well cost less than the diesel cost to have the repair done, I wouldn't let it get to me (y)

If on the other hand the manufacturers start to talk about whole cassette swaps then start fighting :D

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
your blinds are 2 1/2 years old and been up and down probably loads of time , maybe you have treated them with kid gloves and maybe not but Bailey or your supplying dealer don't know that .
Fair wear and tear ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back