Fair price servicing

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Barclaybasher, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Took my 2004 2.8td Ducato MH in for a full service and MOT, mileage 51,000.

A local garage I have used for many years carried out the service (they took the van elsewhere for the MOT)

The garage downloaded the service work sheet for 240,000kms/96 months - 5.75 hours

Van flew through the MOT, no advisories, full service carried out in less than 3 hours, total cost inc materials, MOT and VAT just under £300

Over the last year they have also fitted my air suspension and rear shocks, replaced a seized caliper and 4 new tyres all at reasonable prices.

If anyone is in the Derby area I can thoroughly recommend them - CTS Wheels and Tyres, Parker Industrial Estate - ask for Hans or Darren

2. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

Nice one. If you find a good garage, use them regularly, and get a relationship going with them it pays dividends. For those who dont have a local garage, dont knock Halfords Service Centres. If they can get your Mh in and on a ramp, they are not a bad company to deal with.

3. busby

busby Funster

I just wonder what they do to a van that takes 5.75 hours? I think the workshop time for a clutch on a pre 2007 Sevel is 10.25 hours. Took my garage less than 5 hours.

4. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

HI
    CTS downloaded the check-list and gave it, completed, to me.

The only things not done on the list were, re-new brake fluid and adjust tappets.

They could have ticked both of those - I wouldn't have been any wiser - but they didn't............... there are garages that will treat you fairly and honestly.

They told me it took 3 hours and that is what they charged for.