OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
giving 280 million pound a year to India who does not need that aid is not helping to keep our taxes down. time for an armed uprising, sedition, whatever. Who will offer to blow up Parliament. Our government and future governments need stop bleeding the British public dry to fund their delusions of being a world power.

Exactly.. and
What about the Royal Navy, patrolling the Gulf of Mexico looking for drug runners.. (as seen on a current TV documentary ) accompanied by US coast guards who do the armed boarding.. do we really need to support Uncle Sam ?

Or a futile war in Afghanistan and other forces deployed around the world so the UK can be seen to be a world power..

British companies who register abroad to avoid tax .. eg. Boots Chemist, registered office is a PO Box in Switzerland !

Non Doms who pay no UK tax but can sit in the House of Lords

The ultra rich who move around the World , living for only a few months in any one country to avoid tax.

And no buttons, this is NOT political .. it's a rant against the corrupt rich and powerful . :winky:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks ScotJimland,:thumb:

Thats exactly my take on it.

Really like the idea of a funsters meet,travelling around different Countries,tax avoidance,using red diesel,no community tax.

Feel like a Gypsy(Traveller) already, sign me up!!!:thumb:

Steve.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It is definitely not political it is non party Dependant. Billions of pounds a year stolen from our pockets in unjust taxes. whilst I struggle to pay for a gallon of fuel munitions many times the cost are fired of for fun every min in defense ONLY of our position as a "World power", time for it to come to an end; time to think of this country for a change. We could once again be a prosperous country instead of a country full of people who feel defeated, down trodden and hard done by.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Exactly.. and
What about the Royal Navy, patrolling the Gulf of Mexico looking for drug runners.. (as seen on a current TV documentary ) accompanied by US coast guards who do the armed boarding.. do we really need to support Uncle Sam ? Or a futile war in Afghanistan and other forces deployed around the world so the UK can be seen to be a world power..
British companies who register abroad to avoid tax .. eg. Boots Chemist, registered office is a PO Box in Switzerland !
Non Doms who pay no UK tax but can sit in the House of Lords
The ultra rich who move around the World , living for only a few months in any one country to avoid tax.
And no buttons, this is NOT political .. it's a rant against the corrupt rich and powerful . :winky:
Not just restricted to the UK Jim. :france:
Some are even richer and more corrupt owning the countries media, paying for underage sex then offering special favors to keep mouth's shut. Makes ours look like rank amateurs.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not just restricted to the UK Jim. :france:
Some are even richer and more corrupt owning the countries media, paying for underage sex then offering special favors to keep mouth's shut. Makes ours look like rank amateurs.

I agree buttons.. it's an absolute disgrace, Italy is one of the most corrupt countries let by a corrupt leader, .. but lets get our own house in order...

Believe me, I love this country, have no wish to live in any other, we are lions led by Whitehall donkeys but we could be a great country again ..

BTW.. have you signed the petition yet :roflmto:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we are lions led by Whitehall donkeys but we could be a great country again ..

Stirring stuff !

I can see Glenda Jackson saying "I may be a mere woman but I have a lion's heart".

"Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves".

"And did those feet in ancient time".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAlchdYcDA4&feature=fvst[/ame]

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Ask any small business man on this forum if any government has helped him in the last 25 years and I am sure he will say no.

Jim thankyou for this post as you all know my business is heavily reliant on the cost of fuel, as is every thing we do or buy, and yes I have signed.

But until governments (of all persuations) stop wasting money on bolstering up other countries we can ill afford to help, stop paying to go out for a meal to discuss wether they should have yet another comittee or consultation spending millions to find out what any one on here could have told them for free, or start another useless quango that wastes millions on tiking box's because it makes the figures look right for a short time, or like the new aprentiship scheme which takes 9 months and drops the dole figures for neets, HOW many qualified people on here did an aprentiship in 9 months? None I'll wager, they will keep picking our pockets until we are broke and our businesses are gone.

Sorry about the rant guys but I do get P***ed off with all powers that be trying to look good, instead of saying we can cut out 50% of debt by not wasting money.

I will stop now or it will become an essay.

All the best Rick.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I agree buttons.. it's an absolute disgrace, Italy is one of the most corrupt countries let by a corrupt leader, .. but lets get our own house in order...

Believe me, I love this country, have no wish to live in any other, we are lions led by Whitehall donkeys but we could be a great country again ..

BTW.. have you signed the petition yet :roflmto:
Still looking for a pen that works Jim :winky:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Buttons van does that much to the gallon he does not bother about the cost of fuel:ROFLMAO:(please note the smilie)

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
BUMP.....

Have you signed yet? If not.........click here

The Pressure is mounting on the Government because of support behind the FairFuelUK Campaign.

‘There’s now only 12 days to The Budget on 23rd March. Our campaign has gone from strength to strength. We now have over 113,000 supporters on line with another 30,000 signed up on paper. With your help, we now have over 130 MPs ‘signed up’ and have hit the headlines across the media. Indeed, only a few days ago The Daily Express joined the Fuel Duty fight and is campaigning alongside FairFuelUK. Even the Chancellor himself is saying that he is ‘listening’! All this has only been possible because of your support.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Lies, Damned Lies and Oil Lies

This comment by an Express reader says it all .........

Quote:

The Arabs are claiming that they are not making more money from the sale of their oil so who is. The oil companies are claiming that they are not making more money from the sale of the oil so who is?

No one to do with oil is making more money but petrol approaching £6.75 per gallon. Clearly the world cannot continue to pay this price.

This opportunistic pricing has to be brought to an end. The excuse that oil costs more as it becomes less is specious. As the worlds primary source of energy it cannot continue to be sold to the highest bidder if we don't want to see a permanent global slump. If there genuinely is not enough oil then ration it fairly and sell it at a reasonable price.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
(snip)

Absolutely. It points out that the root cause of global price rises is the marketplace which gives the highest bidder control. And yet, the campaign which is the subject of this thread ignores that and goes for the softer target of attempting to force a reduction in tax.

Apart from ignoring the fact that any tax shortfall has to be made up elsewhere, the campaign completely ignores the root cause. That is why, ultimately, it is a waste of time.

If the people behind this campaign were really serious about helping everyone, and not just their own interests, they would be petitioning the UN for global action, not pressuring the UK government to reduce their fuel tax and load the cost onto somebody else.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Quote:

The Arabs are claiming that they are not making more money from the sale of their oil so who is. The oil companies are claiming that they are not making more money from the sale of the oil so who is?

No one to do with oil is making more money but petrol approaching £6.75 per gallon. Clearly the world cannot continue to pay this price.

This opportunistic pricing has to be brought to an end. The excuse that oil costs more as it becomes less is specious. As the worlds primary source of energy it cannot continue to be sold to the highest bidder if we don't want to see a permanent global slump. If there genuinely is not enough oil then ration it fairly and sell it at a reasonable price.

Of course they are making money from it :thumb:even a small profit :cry: It is our government that is raking in all the profit 60 odd %:Eeek: in taxes and duty is plainly too much :Doh:
terry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Absolutely. It points out that the root cause of global price rises is the marketplace which gives the highest bidder control. And yet, the campaign which is the subject of this thread ignores that and goes for the softer target of attempting to force a reduction in tax.

Yes, I have to agree Graham .. as usual you see the broader picture..

The UK is economy is running on empty and the latest conflicts and fear of conflicts in Saudi and elsewhere have just thrown sand in the economic gear box.. ..

At what price does it all grind to a halt, 7, 8, 9, 10 pound per gallon ? At what price do we see mass demonstrations and rebellion.. It cannot go on .. Capitalism is driving is back to the stone age.

If global action is not taken we face a grim future ..

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I see it as the begining of the end for motorhoming, a few trips a year carries the full tax burdon of keeping a second vehicle on the road, maybe time to get shot of the dogs and wife and downsize to a roamahome or something as an only vehicle.:Sad::Sad:
Not the end Wildman, just a case of adapting to change. You really don’t need a huge area of opulence to enjoy motorhoming. You don’t need to run two vehicles to enjoy motorhoming. There are motorhomes that average better mpg than some cars.
They have 5 seats with belts, 4 good size beds, 40mpg, low road tax, will convert to a large working vehicle, a luxury car for the school run then put a few clothes in and it becomes a high spec high speed luxury motor home.
I can only take you to the water.:Cool:

GuitarDave

Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Graham,what alternatives do you need ?
IF WE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THINGS LIKE THIS THEN THE GOVERNMENT WILL JUST KEEP ON RISING FUEL DUTIES.
At least this is giving the motorist a voice to say enough :winky:
A few alternatives could be to stop giving foreign aid and pay off our debts with that money
Stop giving assistance for stupid non working wind farms and solar farms that are costing us millions for little or no return
Same for electric cars / hybrid that do about 50 / 60 mpg when a normal diesel car gets 70 mpg
I could carry on but I am busy signing the petition :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

And - Stop wasting lives and money on a war in Afganistan that can never be won!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Not the end Wildman, just a case of adapting to change. You really don’t need a huge area of opulence to enjoy motorhoming. You don’t need to run two vehicles to enjoy motorhoming. There are motorhomes that average better mpg than some cars.
They have 5 seats with belts, 4 good size beds, 40mpg, low road tax, will convert to a large working vehicle, a luxury car for the school run then put a few clothes in and it becomes a high spec high speed luxury motor home.
I can only take you to the water.:Cool:
VW are fine I had one when much younger, however cannot not make a bed up let alone every night. and two people plus 2 dogs in a van that small will require some serious gas masks.:Eeek::Eeek:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
VW are fine I had one when much younger, however cannot not make a bed up let alone every night. and two people plus 2 dogs in a van that small will require some serious gas masks.:Eeek::Eeek:
Not so bad Wildman, both myself and my partner are 6' and I traded down from a Kontiki . I have a 4 berth Pennine for taking friends or the kids away with us. I can only say I enjoy my motorhoming more than ever I did. I could but never would return to anything larger.:thumb:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
As usual with campaigns such as these, I'd be more inclined to support them if they gave any indication of an alternative.

It's all very well for people like the bloke who has started this to say that a tax they don't like should be reduced/removed.

What they almost always fail to do, however, as in this case, is to come up with any alternative for making up the resultant shortfall - either by increasing taxation in other areas or reducing spending.

Without costed alternatives the case is totally devalued.

Is it painfull sitting on the fence or have you had a special saddle made?

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Yep I have signed, and will continue to protest in any way possible.
I read some where that the price of oil has started to drop ! Not on the pumps.
What happened to the new tax system that swung according the the cost of the oil?
So much for the "We are listening, we hear what you are saying".

Don

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Dopey comment of the week ....

From Swindon Advertiser ..

Vivienne Deacon, 56, of Cheltenham said: “I think it’s disgusting – I used to fill up and it would last me a week and now I have to fill up twice. I’m thinking of getting a car with better miles per gallon.”

:Doh::Doh:

put a brick in the tank Vivienne.. ( it works in toilet cisterns :thumb: ) :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back