F1 Circuit De Catalunia (1 Viewer)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Any one ever done it whilst in Spain?
May never pass this way again and it looks like the time and the place are about to come together

Bit of an F1 fan

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
May never pass this way again and it looks like the time and the place are about to come together

Got to be done then.

Right now the crowds are assembling at the Jerez MotoGP races. Nothing like the Spanish for enthusiasm. One of the few places with a sell out of tickets.

I guess it will be a bit pricey, but what the hell noise has to be worth it.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Missed the testing at Jerez by one week when I was Zahora earlier this year.
Soooo miffed.

Bit of a moto gp fan as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Missed the testing at Jerez by one week when I was Zahora earlier this year.
Soooo miffed.

Bit of a moto gp fan as well

We've done it twice now. Only something like €5 to get in and free camping outside the door. That is one gorgeous circuit, built into a hill the views are spectacular, like half the circuit from your seat.

We stopped at Puerto St Maria before the racing, a great place to stop.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
If you've never been to a MotoGP event and want the experience go to Jerez it really is the ultimate MotoGP.
Massive attendance sets the place on fire it's absolutely vibrant and it starts before you even get to the circuit!!!
Go and enjoy this absolutely fantastic opportunity.
Rossi/46 is loved by the Spanish and you have to love him.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I guess the main problem will be getting a ticket and somewhere to camp. But good luck, should be a great experience but is there any commentary in English so you can hear who is leading?

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I've done it but you have to camp away from the circuit and travel in. There are buses from Barcelona and the track is just by the side of the motorway, so easy to get to if you're driving. Cost depends on where you to be, seating is more expensive and probably sold out by now. General three day pass cost me €57 less 50% for age concession two years ago, bought on line direct from the circuit. Just had to print out the ticket and take it with me. Great atmosphere and we'll worth it.

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Not sure why there would be English commentary in Spain ( there isn't )

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Will be in the Barcelona area around Tuesday so will have to see if I can arrange anything. Used to do a little bit of security work at Silverstone for the F1 about 15 years ago nothing grand, just patrolling at night on the run up To and during the race w/end.
Loved it...got paid more than I got for my full time job met a number of f1 drivers and could go down the pit lane at night. And best of all got to watch the race whilst being paid.
Alas everything has changed, no more pit lane or circuit walks and if you work race day you stand with your back to the circuit.

Ahh memories

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Not sure why there would be English commentary in Spain ( there isn't )
Quite correct and it is bloody annoying in Spanish when you don't speak the lingo but if that's the only way I.can watch it...... It'll do fer me cocka

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I've done it but you have to camp away from the circuit and travel in. There are buses from Barcelona and the track is just by the side of the motorway, so easy to get to if you're driving. Cost depends on where you to be, seating is more expensive and probably sold out by now. General three day pass cost me €57 less 50% for age concession two years ago, bought on line direct from the circuit. Just had to print out the ticket and take it with me. Great atmosphere and we'll worth it.

You lucky Barsteward conecesionary!
Will have to wait another 20 months for that.......on the plus side I have got my bus pass on the down side I'm in Spain

For every action there is a reaction lol

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Yup, did it a few years ago - stunning, the atmosphere is electric, and the parties go on well into the small hours, don't expect any sleep. The campsite is on a hill, and quite sloped, so pick up some bricks to supplement your level ups.

Top Tips, get a grandstand near to the campsite, it is not easily possible to walk from one side of the track to the other. Also, you don't see it on telly, but the track has quite a large variance in hills etc, so even though on the map it looks like you can see many corners, you probably can't. We sat on turn 4, but that was too far from the campsite to be honest!

Finally, take lots of food, the track prices are totally stupid, I paid 12 eur for one pint of beer!!!! You aren't allowed to take glass or metal on circuit either, so take stuff in plastic bottles.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Yup, did it a few years ago - stunning, the atmosphere is electric, and the parties go on well into the small hours, don't expect any sleep. The campsite is on a hill, and quite sloped, so pick up some bricks to supplement your level ups.

Top Tips, get a grandstand near to the campsite, it is not easily possible to walk from one side of the track to the other. Also, you don't see it on telly, but the track has quite a large variance in hills etc, so even though on the map it looks like you can see many corners, you probably can't. We sat on turn 4, but that was too far from the campsite to be honest!

Finally, take lots of food, the track prices are totally stupid, I paid 12 eur for one pint of beer!!!! You aren't allowed to take glass or metal on circuit either, so take stuff in plastic bottles.

Thanks, that's just the sort of advice I wanted to here

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hoping to do the Motogp at Barca if I time it right.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
The F1 site advertises a site next to the circuit specifically for MH just wondered if any one had used it?

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
The F1 site advertises a site next to the circuit specifically for MH just wondered if any one had used it?

Yes it is a crime ridden field with no boundary and a security guard doing nothing at night.
We were one of many victims of burglary while we slept in our beds.
My advice, if you have an alarm make sure you use it at night as well as day as the perpetrators actually stay on site and make a lot of noise at night to cover their actions.
Surprisingly I would stay there again but would lye in wait for the low life's at night with a sharp knife as the spanish police are not bothered.
We were warned that it was a crime fest but ignored it so shame on us.
At least now you know you can make an informed decision. Forwarned is forearmed as they say (y)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Last time we were there (apartment) there was English commentary. We parked the hire car and walked through the camping area, which as Emmenay says was very hilly. Shame about the thievery though. Allow yourself plenty of time on raceday if you drive in, there was still traffic queueing on the motorway, trying to get in when the race had started.
Oh and don't forget to wave at all the nice ladies in short skirts that I think must be waiting for a lift on the road into the circuit :whistle:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
We used the official camping, booked through BookF1.com. We have heard that it suffers from crime, but when we were there, there were police patrols around the clock, and quite a sizeable security presence. That was 3 years ago, maybe the organisers have tightened things up a little since @Emmenay was there?
We had weekend tickets, and arrived on the Friday, and left on the Monday, and had grandstand seats, definitely the way to do it if you can.

OP
OP
barsteward
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
:D
Oh and don't forget to wave at all the nice ladies in short skirts that I think must be waiting for a lift on the road into the circuit :whistle:

Yeh, saw quite a few of them just north of Valencia, must have expected a long wait for a lift because they'd even fetched their chairs with them.:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back