Extractor fan (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Just noticed this , as a different possibility to the endless breeze fan( a bit cheaper)
Fiamma Turbo Kit Cooling Fan
http://www.outdoorbits.com/images/fiamma/fiamma-turbo-kit-window.jpg

The Fiamma Turbo Kit is a caravan and motorhome ventilator and extractor that has two functions

It serves as a stand alone fan, or an optional fan to be fitted to most popular models of rooflight.

The Fiamma Turbo Kit is 12 volt dc powered and comes supplied with a telescopic and patented hanging system that allows safe and easy installation to rooflights such as Omni-Vent, Remi Top, Seitz Mini Heki and Midi Heki and Fiamma Vent 40x40 and 50x50 (when vehicle is stationary and rooflight is open).

The 12v connector can be reversed changing polarity and causing the fan to work as extractor and ventilator.

The Fiamma Turbo-Kit incorporates a large 24 cm fan and 2 telescopic hangers, which can be adjusted from 36 to 48cm.

The Turbo Kit comes Supplied with cable and cigarette plug connector and 12Vdc power supply cable for connecting to the motorhome's 12v supply.

Can also be powered by 8 x 1.5V type D batteries (not supplied) when in use as a table or hanging-fan.

• Dimensions: 31cm x 36cm-48cm x 10cm
  • Rooflight fitting: Rooflight apertures from 36 - 48cm.
  • Material: Sturdy plastic
  • Voltage: 12Vdc and 8 x 1.5v D type batteries.
  • Absorbed power: 4 Watt.
  • Fan diameter: 24cm
  • Max. air flow: 7.2 m3/min.
  • Functions: Works as a ventilator and extractor.
  • Color: Ivory.
http://www.outdoorbits.com/images/fiamma/fiamma-turbo-kit-sizes.jpg

Cost £55. against endless breeze @ £118

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I was expecting a thread about someone who used to like tractors.

Deleted User
£50 at Johns Cross, with Funster discount £45 + £6.95 P&P, £51.95 cheapest total that I have found, just ordered one:)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
would it be cheaper still from @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes as they are fiamma agents and give funsters a discount

edit....just seen above

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Big thank you to @FIDGET for original post, I had been thinking of the Endless Breeze, this one is more suitable for us, dual functionality! (y)

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I've been considering one of these. Just wondering if it's noisy or not? Any chance of you letting me know once you've tried it out?

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Mine is delivered tomorrow and I'll be using it this weekend ( Burrs Park for the cricket ) Will do a review .

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Mine is delivered tomorrow and I'll be using it this weekend ( Burrs Park for the cricket ) Will do a review .
cool look forward to this , can you also tell us its 12v power usage :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Not really just read the label

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Cost £55. against endless breeze @ £118
Got my endless breeze off an ebay link mentioned on here for about £66.
Still more expensive than the fan you highlight but, still just sayin' ;).
Endless breeze isn't quite that expensive.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Also I'm going to plug the 12V into the bedroom TV 12v socket ( Bailey 740SE Approach ) , is there a tidier way to do this I.e a 12v socket in the actual ceiling? Cheers. .

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I have a roof mounted fitted fan and its OK as an extractor fan for the cooker which is below it but pretty useless for anything else. I have since bought 2 endless breeze fans and they are as their name suggests - Fan-Tastic!

Here are the EB specs

http://www.endlessbreeze.com

You must be able to get a better price than what you mentioned in your first post. I paid $191 for 2 in August last year including import duties from Amazon.com.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Will it stand on my kitchen table ?

Sat here in meltdown mode....what happened to the severe storms we were getting ?
Warnings on local radio all afternoon.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
An endless Breeze would - 3 speed 12 volt fan - has 2 legs that rotate out on each side so that it will stand upright or fold away to fit back in its cardboard box. Can also be clipped to an pet's cage

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
An endless Breeze would - 3 speed 12 volt fan - has 2 legs that rotate out on each side so that it will stand upright or fold away to fit back in its cardboard box. Can also be clipped to an pet's cage
But will it run off a couple of oranges and two bits of wire...one copper, one mild steel ?
Got a bowl full of fruit.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've been trying to compare the spec of these 2 fans as the prices aren't too far apart:

Endless Breeze - 12 volt fan
Air movement: up to 25.4 cubic metres/min (900 cubic feet/min)
Max draw: 2.58 amps (min draw: 1.18 amps)
Speeds: 3 / Blade diameter: 12"
Height: 36cm / Width: 34cm / Depth: 10cm
Weight: 2.2kg
Retractable legs​

Fiamma Turbo Fan Kit - 12 volt fan
Air movement: up to 5.4 cubic metres/min (254 cubic feet/min)
Max draw: 0.26 amps
Speeds: 2 / Blade: 24cm
Height: 36cm / Width: 31cm / Depth: 10cm
Weight: 1.3kg
Telescopic hangers​

It would appear, if my maths is right as I've had to convert some of the figures from imperial to metric, that the Endless Breeze is a much more powerful fan and can move a lot more air, but it obviously draws more power when on full.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I knew the EB was a better fan, especially for use in hot weather!

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Got my endless breeze off an ebay link mentioned on here for about £66.
Still more expensive than the fan you highlight but, still just sayin' ;).
Endless breeze isn't quite that expensive.
@Langtoftlad Was it genuine and not a replica as far as you can tell ? and have you been more than happy with it ?
Also any chance you can share the flea bay link :)

Last edited:

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I've been trying to compare the spec of these 2 fans as the prices aren't too far apart:

Endless Breeze - 12 volt fan
Air movement: up to 25.4 cubic metres/min (900 cubic feet/min)
Max draw: 2.58 amps (min draw: 1.18 amps)
Speeds: 3 / Blade diameter: 12"
Height: 36cm / Width: 34cm / Depth: 10cm
Weight: 2.2kg
Retractable legs​

Fiamma Turbo Fan Kit - 12 volt fan
Air movement: up to 5.4 cubic metres/min (254 cubic feet/min)
Max draw: 0.26 amps
Speeds: 2 / Blade: 24cm
Height: 36cm / Width: 31cm / Depth: 10cm
Weight: 1.3kg
Telescopic hangers​

It would appear, if my maths is right as I've had to convert some of the figures from imperial to metric, that the Endless Breeze is a much more powerful fan and can move a lot more air, but it obviously draws more power when on full.
Thanks Mel for that super comparison , After reading this when i buy a fan it will be the endless breeze yes at full pelt it can use 10 x the electric of the Fiamma , but look at the Air movement figures , and even 2.58 amps is not the end of the world and that is at max speed , im sure after you have the MH cooled down a bit then turn it to min setting using 1.18amps it will prob still be moving more air than the Fiamma at max speed.

Deleted User
Thanks Mel for that super comparison , After reading this when i buy a fan it will be the endless breeze yes at full pelt it can use 10 x the electric of the Fiamma , but look at the Air movement figures , and even 2.58 amps is not the end of the world and that is at max speed , im sure after you have the MH cooled down a bit then turn it to min setting using 1.18amps it will prob still be moving more air than the Fiamma at max speed.

In our Globecar PVC space is at a premium and whilst I would like the capacity of the Endless Breeze the Fiamma has won for us because it can be left in the roof vent most of the time and works as an extractor near the kitchen area.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
In our Globecar PVC space is at a premium and whilst I would like the capacity of the Endless Breeze the Fiamma has won for us because it can be left in the roof vent most of the time and works as an extractor near the kitchen area.
As you are space limited it just goes to prove there is no one product that suits everyone , all our situations are different :)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
@Langtoftlad Was it genuine and not a replica as far as you can tell ? and have you been more than happy with it ?
Also any chance you can share the flea bay link :)
TBH, being a replica did cross my mind as the sticky "endless breeze logo" label was poorly applied in the centre - but without seeing another to compare, I can't say if it's a "fake" [because a replica wouldn't have the branding] or genuine with poor quality control :whistle:.

However, it works and blasts out a veritable gale, even on lowest setting. It seems pretty well bolted together & has all the appropriate certification & warning stickers so I'm happy.

I found this seller via a search of old "Endless Breeze" threads on here - so there maybe other vendors better/cheaper.
**NB** Comes from the USA - so there are two elements to the pricing - one is price paid to seller & a second amount to eBay's Global Shipping program which guarantees no further custom duties or taxes.
Because of the fall in the pound, the price has effectively gone up to about £72 based on eBay's exchange rate - I used a Halifax Clarity card to get a better rate & I think I paid about £62 (or maybe £66 I can't recall).
Shipping was relatively quick & tracking was good.

IMG_20160721_120925-640x480.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back