Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi
Anyone have / had a fammia 500 storage box , need a bit extra storage as access door under bed is a bit on the small side thinking about one of these boxes fixed onto existing bike rack unfortunately won't be able to get the bikes on , but just need more storage for BBQ and fishing gear , are the boxes ok ?????
Jim

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Recently fitted Fiamma 500 box onto tow-ball mounted rack (Thule) as finding the dog's paraphernalia is taking up more room than we thought. Adapted the fitting kit quite easily and it takes me about 5 mins to mount/unmount.
Spare gas bottle and chairs with some smaller odd items give us spare room elsewhere.
They sometimes appear on here or there's usually one on Ebay. Obviously provided it's undamaged, convenient, dry & secure extra storage.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Hi Terry's
Thanks for that I have a two bike tow ball rack for the car might just try that on the Moho see if I can still get the bikes on the motorhome rack , obviously just need to watch the weight on both
Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Careful - with both you're going to be critical on the rear axle load. Suggest an early visit to a nearby weighbridge, loaded up if you can, saves the mathematics calculations. Then weigh front axle, full van then rear axle independently - operator should know what you're trying to do. (Don't worry if front axle plus rear axle is more than full weight, it's to do with the geometrics which is too far in the past for me to work out.)

I swapped a bike rack for Thules flat platform which can be adapted for all sorts of things.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
How do you plan to get up there? I hate walking on the roof just when I have to wash it, its so precarious.
I've never been worried about heights but there is so much to trip over and so easy to fall of the edges.

Do you really need to take every thing on every trip?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I think he means the rack fitted to the rear panel of his van. The other is towball mounted so he'll have two racks on the back. Personally think it's not going to work but worth a try.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have a Fiamma box bolted to the back of ours, not sure of the model, but it is handy for carrying bulky things as long as there isn't much weight. I suspect ours had about 50kg of stuff in it on our last trip, it probably will never carry that much stuff again, but it coped easily.

OP
OP
Trout bum

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Thanks guys the box if I go for it would be mostly for fishing gear float tube etc which I guess all in would be about 30 kilos bike rack has 60 kilo limit , mostly for the bulky rather than heavy stuff and I take on board about the axle weights will get that done as well ,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back