Extra storage advice please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by roky1983, Jun 3, 2011.

1. roky1983

roky1983 Read Only Funster

Hi all I have an adria matrix with a large garage, I somehow manage to fill it, only problem is it get a lil untidy, could do with summit like a cargo net to fix to the wall any advice please

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

If you are not carrying a motorbike or scooter...

Buy some of those stacking plastic boxes and put your loose stuff in, we have a few and in one we keep walking boots and shoes, in another I keep M/H related gear, polish, WD40, box of disposable gloves, some odd ball size spanners, tin of grease and a small oil can, Silicone spray, and anything else... in another if we are on a long trip we have found one that is just right for tins of food we may not be able to buy when away.....

In another small one I have tent/awning pegs, tie down straps, a bit of rope, Mallet, a small box with assortment of screws/nuts & bolts etc...

And so on, makes life easy and keeps things tidy and I can put my hand on what ever I need without having to unpack the boot/belly locker to get the item I require.. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

At Halfrauds you can buy cargo nets deigned for fixing to the back of the rear seat in a car boot, elasticated at the top so stuff stays in it
    No reason you cant put one or two on a wall inside the Garage, along with Mo's suggestion of boxes:thumb:
    Geo

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

If yhou need cargo nets I keep em in stock.. Anyone on here wants any happy to supply at cost price plus postage..£2.00 for the standard size ( about 14" x 14" ) and large at about 20"x20" come out at £2.50,, Postage I will have to check but proly about 80 or 90p ( but if more than one wanted I can weigh em so the postage will def only cost what it costs ( if you see what I mean ! :) )

5. bambi 2

bambi 2 Read Only Funster

We have given ourselves extra storage by getting rid of masses of books and buying an Amazon Kindle e-book, very pleased! Bambi 2

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

whilst all well and good to cram more stuff in your garage do watch out for axle and total load weights. The ministry are checking much more often these days. Also remember if your van is over 3500kg, you can only carry items for the enjoyment of your motorhome (not outside pursuits) otherwise they concidered GOODS and you will need an HGV licence even if they are your own goods. Theoretically that includes a bike/scooter/motorbike/boat and some officious bahlamb of an inspector will take great pleasure in doing you for driving without the correct licence/insurance/MOT etc.

7. roky1983

roky1983 Read Only Funster

Thnx all for advic , I've bought sum boxes and used hooks and bungee straps , so far so good

8. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Your best bet is to audit what you are carrying, like the rest of us we all carry too much...

9. M1TCH

M1TCH Read Only Funster

Sorry to hijack the post but the carrying of goods issue, no bikes etc what about towing ? if the van as mine is plated at 3850kgs so is classed as PHGV and is £165.00 tax whats the consensus on towing a car trailer if any ? thanks Gray.