extra power sockets

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Goldenoldies, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Goldenoldies

Goldenoldies Funster

Viewed a Rapido 9090df today and we both like it very much.As there is only one power socket I was wondering (if we bought one) would it be easy to have more put in for when using UK camp sites? Then we could use their electric rather than our gas.

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

no problem adding extra sockets any competant electrician can do it. The fridge will already be connected and some water heater are also duel gas/electric, some fires are as well I know our fanmaster 2000 is.

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Depending what you want to run a multi-socket bar might be easier. In any case take care not to overload the system.

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I have a Rapido and indeed as standard it only appears to have one socket, but there are others hidden away.
    There is one in the locker over the fridge (for microwave) and another in the top of the wardrobe, probably for sat box but I use it for the hairdryer. Theres usually one in the TV cupboard as well.
    We have put in a few extra, the only difficult bit is routing the wires.:thumb:

5. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Remember if adding extra spurred sockets you must not use housing twin and earth cable, you must use multi core cable, the single core wire in domestic twin and earth risks fracture due to vibration within a motorhome. I used a length of EHU cable.:thumb:

6. Goldenoldies

Goldenoldies Funster

Thanks guys, I am aware most UK sites are ok with 2/3 appliances at once so would watch,european I would use gas. I was thinking about running extra wiring i.e. to bedroom for extra tv maybe, and sort out solar paneling.