Extra Power Needed (1 Viewer)

E

Elijay

Deleted User
I have an Autosleeper Symbol, the dinky little 85amp leisure battery is situated under the driver's seat. Space is restricted so there isn't room to fit a bigger one.

I already have a Link Removed but as it is charged from the mains I don't believe I can top it up from a solar panel.

This is my plan.

Get an extra leisure battery to use as a 'stand alone' unit and charge it with a solar panel. With an inverter I will be able to run low power appliances without draining the main leisure battery.

I want it to be portable and do not intend to link it to the other leisure battery.

I know there are some very knowledgeable folk on here so I look forward to your ideas and suggestions.

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Get an extra leisure battery to use as a 'stand alone' unit and charge it with a solar panel.

This is what I was planning when I get my MH but when I got my calculator out I found that I'd need a huge solar panel and then the question was 'Where the hell do I mount it' :ROFLMAO:

Have you done a 'power audit' on what you want to use, this is the first step, I could be completely wrong but you may have to budget for a battery charger for when you are on EHU (To supplement the solar panel) or even a fuel cell :RollEyes:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Elijay

Deleted User
I hardly use much power, only for lighting really. For entertainment I mostly listen to the radio.

It's horrible to find yourself without any power. In the past I have had to resort to lighting my way with lanterns.

I've a 28w solar panel and would like to keep a spare leisure battery topped up with it.

I am into patchwork and would like to use a small portable sewing machine. I would also like to power a small laptop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi
Why-not put another battery under the passenger seat, it seems to be standard to do this if you need more power. Both would be charged from the alternater whilst driving and should last a while :thumb:

regards,,,nige

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Elijay

Deleted User
I'm not sure how to go about it.

I don't know how to link one battery to another

I don't want to pay someone to do it for me.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

if you spend a lot of time off ehu then no matter how big the battery(s), you will run out eventually, especially using small appliances on an inverter.. Have you considered a small suitcase genny ? That would provide plenty of power for recharging and let you use your appliances without an inverter and without draining the battery.

Jim

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back