extra lighting on rear of van (1 Viewer)

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi all, after hitting the telegraph pole in our driveway for the second time and breaking the plastic skirt while reversing at night I thought I would improve the lighting on the rear of motorhome.
Decided to wire 2 labcraft 600mm awning lights,one on each side of rear corner,fitted vertically above skirt on back corners angled to rear and side.
Wired to dash on seperate switch with indicator light so can use them when needed.Gives a brilliant light when needed to see back of van.Probably not legal to use when reversing on highway but will be good when required.
No excuse now for hitting the pole again:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Frankie

We fitted some of these on our old Elddis-

Link Removed

They are ridiculously cheap and actually work as well as OE sensors! They also come in a choice of colours to match your skirt, and even come with a hole saw to cut the holes!:thumb:
We fitted the control box under a rear locker and the buzzer under our sink, closer to the driver!
The only connections to your MH wiring are a scotchlock into your reversing light wiring and an earth.

When using them, when you select reverse, you get an initial 'beep' to inform you the system has powered up and is working.

Definitely no excuses after fitting those as well!!!:roflmto:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Despite having a camera, we have had (OK, I have had!), the odd close shave where something has been sticking out of a wall or hedge above the view of our downward-facing camera!
I wonder if a set of those sensors might be better employed in the trim across the rear of our roof?!::bigsmile:

A good recce, using your Mk1 eyeballs, of where you propose to go before reversing is the safest way, I reckon!:thumb:

To avoid arguments, this recce should be done by the driver first!:winky:

I hope your skirt hasn't suffered too badly from it's interfaces with the telegraph pole!:Sad:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi all, after hitting the telegraph pole in our driveway for the second time and breaking the plastic skirt while reversing at night I thought I would improve the lighting on the rear of motorhome.
Decided to wire 2 labcraft 600mm awning lights,one on each side of rear corner,fitted vertically above skirt on back corners angled to rear and side.
Wired to dash on seperate switch with indicator light so can use them when needed.Gives a brilliant light when needed to see back of van.Probably not legal to use when reversing on highway but will be good when required.
No excuse now for hitting the pole again:thumb:

I know someone who can help...................

images

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We have an 'Echo' chainsaw!

Shell's biceps aren't quite that big though!!!!!:roflmto:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
My reversing Aid doubles as a Sat Nav, Cook, wild gestures while guiding me up our narrow Drive, does'nt cost much to run, (is self supporting) pours me drinks and keeps me warm at night, is a tad argumentive in certain situations, :Angry: and altho I've had her for 38 years, I don't think I'll go for an upgrade.
Sure as hell beats all the Gadgets!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back